LCD Screen Loupe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

junior2725

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is there any type of screen loupe that I can use underwater with my ikelite housing for my D300? I'm assuming I can't take something like the Hoodman professional hood loupe underwater. I haven't actually used the hoodman yet and I can't seem to find any info about its construction. It would be nice to have something with me to isolate the lcd from sun and slighlty magnify it underwater for more detailed review. I don't really want to modify the housing to attach anything, I just want to be able to hold something up to the housing for those shots I really want to review closely.

Thanks for the replies. I'll figure out the exact size of the D300's LCD screen and see if any of them will work.

That's funny- I was just going to post the same one Larry. Saw them at the Scuba Show and it looked like it worked pretty well.

Yeah, I knew it was 3" diaganol but some of these producst just measure length x height in mm. Does anyone know the exact dimensions of the of the lcd screen? It doesn't seem to be listed on Nikon's website. I guess I could just dig out a tape measure and measure it myseft but I'm too lazy to find one.

The viewable area is 48x63mm rounded off.

I'm also looking for something for my video housing to make it easier to see the lcd in strong sunlight -- but I'd also like it to have a right-angle bend, so I can look down from above when the camera is near the bottom. Anything like that around? Or anyone been working on a DIY version?

Back
Top Bottom