Destin Megadive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We need to find a way to recognize each other since many of us have not met. Kira is the only one in the group I know....besides, it is easy to spot a lawyer! (sorry Kira) The jetty can be pretty busy with classes, and now all the snorkel boats with tourists, especially around high tide. Jviehe, is there a way we can recognize you when we hit the jetty?

If I meet any of you at the parking area, I will be driving a red Dodge Ram (4 door), it will have a tank rank in the back of it...pretty easy to spot.

Is anyone bringing a camera? Not sure if I am going to be able to bring mine. I want to bring my pony bottle to practice buoyancy with it. A steel 108, pony, and camera are a little much for the jetty "walk of death". But, if no one is bringing a camera I will leave the pony and bring the camera...if I can get the housing to stop leaking.:D

This link should work. Ill definetly be there, and if we only have a few people we can of course cancel the BBQ and head to a restaurant. Im planning on just meeting everyone on the beach right in front of the jetty.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1748&day=2008-8-2&c=10

The way it looks...I think the restaurant is a good idea.

So what are the official events for this get together? I am debating driving over this weekend (Saturday only), but want to know what the plans are.

I am not sure....this thing has gone from a dive, to a full blown cookout, and now looks like we are back to a dive and then a meal at a restaurant. I am open to anything....anyone else have any ideas? With people coming in from out of town....sounds like a get together at a restaurant after the dive is the best option. What do the rest of you think?????:confused:

So what are the official events for this get together? I am debating driving over this weekend (Saturday only), but want to know what the plans are.

I'm planning on attempting two dives depending on weather and water conditions. Mrs. Yoda will be bubble watching. I will be bringing a camera. I will be sailing the sand yacht so we can use it as a place to gather at the jetty for those who don't know each other. If the weather is too bad to dive, we can make plans to eat somewhere (just meet at the jetty shower head). If we dive and the weather turns bad we can go to a restaurant. If the weather is good after the dives and we have no crabs to cook I plan to get some Walmart chicken and taters unless we all want to go to the restaurant anyway.

Picture of the sand yacht:

709j1.jpg

Just got back. Dives were nice. Rained a bit where we all met, but it cleared up nicely. Ill post some video once I edit it. ALSO, I left my toolkit at Emerald Coast. Any of you Wakulla Club people can tote it over here for me? GLEN?

I will be glad to pick it up for you...did you call them, and do they have it set aside? If so, I can get by and pick it up for you.

Just got back. Dives were nice. Rained a bit where we all met, but it cleared up nicely. Ill post some video once I edit it. ALSO, I left my toolkit at Emerald Coast. Any of you Wakulla Club people can tote it over here for me? GLEN?

I will be glad to pick it up for you...did you call them, and do they have it set aside? If so, I can get by and pick it up for you.
Yes, they have it at the shop for me. Thanks.

Wanted to let all know I made it back to DisGusta...hmm I mean Augusta yesterday am. I stayed over Sunday night and all day Monday at my sister's house in Dawson GA, got up at 4:30am yesterday and drove straight to work at the hospital here. Was tired by 8pm for sure.

I had fun with my wading (non dive adventure) inspite of all the equipment probs. Look forward to Morrison being open again so I can meet up with everyone again there.

I took my gear in to the shop yesterday after I got off work, even with all the rinse I did it was still covered in a dusting of sand!

They found it hard to believe that I really had the air be stuck on!! Wanted to blame me somehow, they found it hard to believe that no matter which way I turned the handle off/on or on/off that air still was coming out. Tried to say, when they took the tank that because the valve was open that I never had it off! I told them why should I close it, it was completely drained after I had to bleed it all out to disconnect my regs! Anyway, I know that I did all I could to try and get it to work right.

I will be going back to the shop Saturday with my other tank to be serviced, so I guess they will know more. They are going to rebuild the valve, anyway. They had it off and told me that the inside of the tank looked good, and there was no water in it another good thing. My BC will be getting a new dump valve on the back, and they are checking out the integrated air to make sure that backup reg/inflator is ok and replace any thing that is not working properly. My reg and computers, completely serviced too. Both BC and reg will be cleaned of all the sand! Not sure they will encourage me to go to the jetties again after all of this.

However, I am going to try and be back in Destin on the 17th and part of the 18th. I will be getting in late on the 16th, around 10pm. Doubt will be diving though!

Keep me posted on the status of Morrisons.

Cindy

Glad you got home safe and the gear is getting a tune up. Thanks for keeping Mrs. Yoda entertained while I was blowing bubbles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom