War Of The Regs !!!

And the Winner by knockout is ...........

• SEA ELITE TEK -X

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • AQUA LUNG TITAN

Votes: 50 80.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 2 sets of the Sea Elite regs and I use them on my doubles. I've had them to 160ft, in water down 45 degrees, and have used them for my cave training. I've never had an issue. This reg is the exact same reg as salvo's new SRX/SR3. Balanced, sealed first stage, air-balanced second stage w/ adjustable cracking pressure and venturi-assist. The hose routing is pretty much identical to Apeks FST's. So you get a bit of a kink in the inflator hose of the right post and you will prob need a 24" hose on your backup (assuming hogarthian routing). But they route cleanly. I have a local diver's supply that has been great to me so I don't worry about parts availability or anything like that. That may be the deciding factor for you. These regs have been good to me and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. This is a great price.
battles...is the x06 nitrox capable up to 40% or 80%? LDS told me 80, but looking at manual says 40.

The Aqua Lung Titan is a completely adequate and totally safe (as safe as any and possibly more so) regulator and very cost effective. It can be used as you advance as a stage reg etc. It is a wise and useful purchase with easy parts availability anywhere and a durable and simple design.

For extra money the Titan LX is a fine high performance regulator. Also simple and durable and with all the performance needed to dive to any depth a sport diver would likely need. The caveot is that it has a single HP port so if you plan to double your trouble with a transmitter and a spg this might not be a good choice (or you can use a splitter).

N

Yeah, it would be Titan for me but the Tek X06 is an impressive package for the price. No one is questioning the quality of the Sea Elite and its many clones but who ever heard of it outside of a few niche markets? If you are looking for a little cache (very little) or just looking to flesh out your collection, or need the approval of some in-crowd, get the Elite. The Titan is highly respected and hundreds of thousands have been sold. If you are looking for a proven product with which many, many dealers are familiar throughout the world get the Titan.

Back
Top Bottom