AquaMarine Diving, Bali?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NWGratefulDiver, did you dive Nusa Penida? I contacted Aquamarine and it's an expensive trip. I'm wondering if it's worth the effort.

NWGratefulDiver, did you dive Nusa Penida? I contacted Aquamarine and it's an expensive trip. I'm wondering if it's worth the effort.

If you see the Mola Mola's.....I found the diving to be strong currents not much in the way of Marine or Coral life, cool waters....But the Sun Fish were worth it!

If you see the Mola Mola's.....I found the diving to be strong currents not much in the way of Marine or Coral life, cool waters....But the Sun Fish were worth it!

I think we'll probably be too early for the Mola Molas. We'll be there the week of August 10. Did you go to Manta Point?

The Mola Mola's generally run in Sept & October (from what I've heard). I saw them in Mid Sept. Last year the day before I dived at the Liberty wreck they saw 2 Mola Mola's and that is warm water.The last three times I've been in Bali I have asked about the Mantas and they had not been seen. Thus did not go to Manta Point plus it is cool water. Again from what I have heard the Manta sighting are not reliable.

If you really want to see Mantas head over to Kona, Christmas Island, Palau, Raja Ampat etc....pretty common throughout the Western & South Pacific.

It was about 2 1/2 hours to get to Tulamben for two day trip dives there - but that is clear on the other side of Bali. I think in a 4 hour ride you could almost circumnavigate the island!

I think you could get around the island in about 8 hours.. Maybe less really jamming at night... I drove the long way from Tulamben back to Denpasar and it took about 6 hours... about 2.5-3.5 to get to Tulamben during the day...

Bali is a pretty big island!

Sean

If you really want to see Mantas head over to Kona, Christmas Island, Palau, Raja Ampat etc....pretty common throughout the Western & South Pacific.

Maui has Mantas.. The shore dive Ukumehame has Mantas there... Kona can see dozens of Mantas but I personally am not interested in diving with 40 people to see Mantas... Mantas are a dive multiplier for me. I'd rather see sharks anyday of the week over a manta or Mola Mola (but then I have seen them already).

Sean

Hi all,

Please has anyone had any experience lately of diving with this company? I've read good things and bad, but nothing very recent. I'm considering booking some dives with them later in the year and would be very grateful for some feedback.

Many thanks in advance,

Sandpipa.
Hi, hope you pick this up. I've just spotted a review for Aquamarine Diving in Bali. Google 'scubadviser' and its reviewed as a Featured Location on the Home Page

Hope this helps.

Ubascuba

Thanks very much, Ubascuba! I had to postpone my trip for domestic reasons but still hoping to get there soon, so all info's still very useful.

All the best,

Sandpipa.

I have use Aquamarine several times over the last 5 years and would use them again. Organized, efficiant, safe, and although not cheap, they were still agood value.

Nusa Penida is certainly worth doing some great diving over there. However it is not for the new diver as there can be some terrible current in the areas. It can work out cheaper to stay there for a few days that way you have a better chance of getting to the premier sites (all weather / sea/ current conditions dependent) a number of reputable operators and experienced have dive shops/resort on the island.

Aquamarine is one of a couple of dozen very good dive companies based in Bali from whom good service and reliability are given to their customers.

It can take 8 hours or more to drive completely around the island. Some freelance drivers have taken short cuts after guests have been diving and inadvertently (lack of knowledge) take some to altitude after diving and resulting in DCI problems so make sure whom ever you go with do the right thing by you.

Back
Top Bottom