Also G9 Canon Case ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chuckitall

Contributor
Reaction score
After two trips with G9 and Canon case, I notice a half shadow on my picts from internal flash. Is this standard with this case or am I doing something wrong. Wife is the big D300 picture taker, but it is fraustrating. I will change to another case If I can't avoid the shadow.

I have then same problem when using the G9 (with Canon housing), mostly when shooting macro. From what I have read it will happen with the Ike housing as well. The problem is that the G9 lens is so long that the barrel on the housing needs to stick out far enough that it blocks some of the flash.

I believe the only solution is to get a different camera or get a strobe. I opted for the strobe.

Nathan

Had the same problem too! Was a quite upset with the huge shadow caused by my strobeless G9... "Ran" to Brian (imo he is the guru) for advise... He said "you need to reflect some of the light down by putting something over the top of the diffuser and angling it down. You can use your hand, I did at first. Later on a I made this reflector that clips on to my diffuser." You can see his rig here Canon G9 & G7 housing - DIY 67mm lens adapter - Wetpixel :: Underwater Photography Forums
Haven't made the reflector, still looking for a piece of aluminium... :p But will definately get it before the Dec trip...

You'll find it'll happen even more with the Ike housing. The best bet is to get a strobe, even a cheapie like the Ike A35. You'll notice a world of improvement of your images with a strobe too, it's really the only way to do a beautiful camera like the G9 justice.

Ryan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom