I'm new and know it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome. A dive club is a great way to go!

Ken

I am also new...Where and how do you find dive clubs?

My (sort of) local dive shop has a dive club with monthly meetings. Most of the members have a lot of experience. While getting nitrox certification and getting recommendations about what to do next in your diving education is valuable, what I like best are the little factoids that you pick up almost by accident.

One of the guys showed me an easy way to find my inflator hose, Computer/SPG hose, Rt shoulder Air Dump valve by tough alone. One of the ladies made a suggestion that allowed my to lose 6lbs of wt.

Another advantage is that you dive at least once a month in a local lake or spring. Not only do you dive MORE and get experience, but you dive in medium to low vis. Anyone can dive in crystal clear 85 degree tropical water when you can see your dive buddy 25' away. (not that you should be that far away). but when you can be comfortable (not happy) in 10' vis and 69 degree water, your comfort level in less than ideal conditions increases.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom