DIR- GUE GUE Divers in Atlanta, GA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bossthanapol

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Greetings everyone! I'm a graduate student from Thailand currently studying at Georgia Tech in Atlanta, GA. Recently, I took the GUE Fundamentals class starting with 40 dives in PDC, Mexico, with the Tec configuration, and ended up achieving Provisional certification.

I'm eager to engage in conversations, meet, and practice towards obtaining Tec certification in the future with GUE divers in the local area. If anyone shares this interest, feel free to reach out. Thanks!

Hi. I remember when you introduced yourself here last year. As I replied then, I'm in Atlanta, too. That's great that you took Fundies. Are you planning to return to PDC when you're ready to earn that passing score, or will you be able to do that closer to home? I took Fundies in High Springs. Oh, and on my first attempt at Fundies I got a provisional, too, and I wasn't even in tech gear then.

Highly recommend you look up our friends Southeast Underwater Explorers or SEUE on Facebook.

Our events are probably a bit more of a drive than you'd want to make, but you're of course welcome to join of ours as well!

Hi. I remember when you introduced yourself here last year. As I replied then, I'm in Atlanta, too. That's great that you took Fundies. Are you planning to return to PDC when you're ready to earn that passing score, or will you be able to do that closer to home? I took Fundies in High Springs. Oh, and on my first attempt at Fundies I got a provisional, too, and I wasn't even in tech gear then.
Hi, It's good to hear that you're in Atlanta too! Currently, I don't have any plan for the re-evaluation since I'm not ready yet and I don't know how long I will stay in Atlanta. But I will be here at least in the next 4 months.

Highly recommend you look up our friends Southeast Underwater Explorers or SEUE on Facebook.

Our events are probably a bit more of a drive than you'd want to make, but you're of course welcome to join of ours as well!
Thank you! I already put in a request to join the group. Would love to dive in the Midwest one day when I got a drysuit!

I'm just getting my feet wet after a 10-12 year hiatus. Formerly cavern (PADI) and intro-to-cave certified, I'd love to take the Fundamentals class once I get comfortable and get some practice under my belt.

I'm just outside the NE perimeter and would certainly be game to meet and talk diving.

I'm just getting my feet wet after a 10-12 year hiatus. Formerly cavern (PADI) and intro-to-cave certified, I'd love to take the Fundamentals class once I get comfortable and get some practice under my belt.

I'm just outside the NE perimeter and would certainly be game to meet and talk diving.
I used to live near GA Tech, where the OP of this thread is, and now I live closer to Tucker--go figure.

As for Fundies, I'd suggest contacting Meredith ("Mer") Tanguay. As has been advised in various threads, some practice to get the rust out is good, but there are diminishing returns and even possible downsides to too much practice. Take Fundies as soon as you feel like a diver again.

I used to live near GA Tech, where the OP of this thread is, and now I live closer to Tucker--go figure.

As for Fundies, I'd suggest contacting Meredith ("Mer") Tanguay. As has been advised in various threads, some practice to get the rust out is good, but there are diminishing returns and even possible downsides to too much practice. Take Fundies as soon as you feel like a diver again.
Thanks for the recommendation!

I've got a LOT of work to do and gear to get serviced between now and the end of Feb when I head to Costa Rica on vacation. Once I return I should be able to evaluate my situation and make a plan for the future. I'm not sure if I'm going to head in the tech direction or not, but either way one of the Fundamentals classes is in my future.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom