Places to dive in Tampa?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hambone79

Registered
Reaction score
I'm working on getting my NAUI Scuba Diver certification right now and I should have it completed by the end of August. This is good because I will be leaving to go on a trip to the Tampa (Anna Maria Island to be exact) area with my family some time in September and I was hoping I could get some diving in while I was down there.

Can any of you recommend any good places to go diving in the Tampa area? Which dive shop should I use? Any info would be helpful.

try seafoxdivechaters.com
or narcosis dive charters

for dives try
Sherridan
RJ Thompson
or mexican pride

Dive Safe

mark s

flounderboy:
try seafoxdivechaters.com
or narcosis dive charters

for dives try
Sherridan
RJ Thompson
or mexican pride

Dive Safe

mark s

I agree with the above. Seafox does a great job & Herman & Diane are nice people, very professional & have a nicely equipped boat. Another charter to check out is Tanks-a-lot dive charters in Clearwater.

As for sites in Tampabay besides what's listed above there is the Blackthorne, M-60 Tanks off of St. Pete & if you spearfish or lobster there are the Tabletops, Clearwater reef & Tarpon Reef (Artificial) as well.

Not much beach diving in the immediate area though :(

Where were you guys when I asked the same thing last month? Sheesh. :(

Thanks for the responses...I'll start shopping around and see what I like best. I'm basically just looking for an easy reef dive since this would be my first dive as a certified diver.

Are the responses still valid? I'm coming down to Tampa to avoid the inauguration and would like to get some dives in.

Are the responses still valid? I'm coming down to Tampa to avoid the inauguration and would like to get some dives in.

From my understanding the only things worth doing in Tampa involve playing BINGO and shuffleboard.:D

But on a serious note, they have their own forum and I'm sure you'll get plenty of excellent input if you post your Tampa questions here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/greater-tampa-bay-area/

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom