Must see sites in Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's all good. If I may, it sounds like your schedule is perhaps overly ambitious for 4-5 days. Two tank dives in the morning, a couple of night dives, and cenotes? Especially if you're planning on cenotes in Akumal and/or the mainland. There will be a considerable amount of travel time involved in that. I would suggest setting some priorities and then a well thought out schedule. True the mainland is not that far from the island, but hey it's Mexico. You'll have more travel time added than just the time it takes to cross the channel. I know from experience. Whatever you decide, you will love it. You mentioned Leave Request...might you be one of our brave military folk? If so, I can relate to your excitement. Leave was a magic word when I served.

Nope, not in the military, but it is a public safety position where we're short on people at the moment.
I should have been more clear... I'll be in Cozumel for 6 days or so, then traveling to the mainland for another 6 days. I won't be trying to do a Cenote dive from Coz!

Just a quick update, as I've now been in Coz for 5 days now, 4 days of diving so far, 1 left :(

It's been terrific. Did Devil's Throat for the first dive today, then Paso de Cedral for the 2nd. Current wasn't much on Punta Sur, maybe moderate on Cedral? The first day's current on the site we were at (can't remember the name) was a lot faster.

I think my two favorites are definitely Columbia Deep and Palancar Bricks though, both spectacular with lots of life. The deep swimthrough at Punta Sur was pretty fun too though! I've been diving with Aldora and have no complaints.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom