Where is the best place to buy a strobe package?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saltdog55

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for the best online store to buy my strobe package. I want to buy an Inon Z-240 with tray, arms and cable. It seems like everyone sells photo gear at list price. I looked at divervision but they were not any cheaper considering shipping and I would rather buy from an American company.

Thank you,
Jason

Ditto that ! Great support too - you can't put a price on it.

Talk to Ryan at Reef Photo, He knows his stuff. This equipment is most likely set up on MAP pricing just like our friends from Scuba Pro and Aqua lung. I have had a number of dealing with Reef and they have always taken care of me.

Bruce

Like so many manufacturers these days that impose strict price controls on their authorized dealers. B&H Photo often will offer a gift card on some of the more expensive stuff but I'm not sure they sell Inon. I've bought some Ikelite stuff from them, received the gift card and turned around and bought more stuff. So you really don't save anything... you just get more. Also, standard shipping is usually free. A lot of times it can come down to that alone or one place charging you sales tax versus another. Reef Photo does provide excellent customer support and they don't rip you off for the shipping either whereas with B&H, if shipping isn't free, it gets rather expensive.

If by best you mean service then Ryan at Reef is one of the big winners here. Mike Luzansky at H2Ophotopros also sells the Inon. If you mean price then there are a number of Hong Kong shops that sell on Ebay and you can save some $ on the strobe. Given the choice and the service talk to Ryan or Mike

B&H Photo often will offer a gift card on some of the more expensive stuff but I'm not sure they sell Inon. I've bought some Ikelite stuff from them, received the gift card and turned around and bought more stuff. So you really don't save anything... you just get more. Also, standard shipping is usually free. A lot of times it can come down to that alone or one place charging you sales tax versus another.

Thanks. We don't carry Inon. We're in NY and have to charge sales tax if you buy in our store or if your order is shipped to any address within NY state.

Hello, I bought my outfit from Ryan at Reefphoto and had a great experience. I shopped the heck out of this purchase and Ryan did an outstanding job of listening to my objectives and recommended 2 setups for my consideration. I chose an Olympus SP350 with housing, ultralight tray and arms with an Inon2000 strobe. Ryan promptly returned 4 e-mails with questions and seemed genuinely happy to help.

Thanks. We don't carry Inon. We're in NY and have to charge sales tax if you buy in our store or if your order is shipped to any address within NY state.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom