Partial sinus congestion ...5 days left for COZ trip ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kdebbas

Reaction score
As my subject states, I have a slight sinus congestion. I can breathe fine threw the left portion of my nose but the right seems to be a litlle stuffy. The countdown is on for my trip and I would like to clear this up before leaving. Any suggestions ??

What about using nasal decongestants like Otrivin before Diving in case this doesn't clear.

Thanks,

I wouldn't recommend using Otrivin or Dristan or any other nasal spray for more than 2 days. Extended use can lead to a rebound effect where your symptoms will be twice as bad as they were before.
How about a pill form of something like Drixoral or Sudafed? I'd recommend a longer lasting form not the 3-6hr stuff.

Diverlady

Best bet in my experience is nasal cortisone sprays, prescription type, such as flonase, nasocort, etc as they tend not to wear off during a dive and restore the nose to normal eustachian tube function fastest.
Since they are RX only, see your doc to make sure there is no sinusitis or other serious infection that is likely to present a problem. Cost of trip compared to cost of visit and medication may be a good bargain.

If worst comes to worst, enjoy Coz above ground and consider testing the tequila-cure theory of Mexican colds.

good luck.
John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom