Oahu in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike72

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be coming to Oahu for my first trip to Hawaii May 20-27. I am interested in any information on shore diving and possibly dive buddies while there. I may have a friend with very limited dives with me as well. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I would send scottitheduck a PM......he could probably provide some good advice...

Mike,
Are you bringing gear? I can probably do some shore dives with you as long as the work schedule agrees. The only thing you will need is air if you have the rest of your gear. North Shore should be pretty good by then. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.
Charlie

cwkline, Mike, I will be on Oahu May20-28th. Will dive 21st, 23,24,25th. Love to do some shore dives. I have all my gear except tank and weights; I will rent those. I will have a Bright YELLOW rent-a-car too. It'll be great for the North Shore.

cwkline, Mike, I will be on Oahu May20-28th. Will dive 21st, 23,24,25th. Love to do some shore dives. I have all my gear except tank and weights; I will rent those. I will have a Bright YELLOW rent-a-car too. It'll be great for the North Shore.

Daiika,
As long as Mike and his buddy have no issue, I'm OK with it. Once we determine everyone's weight requirement, I'll see if I have enough weights. Looks like my schedule will let me dive on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, but I won't know for sure till it gets closer.
Charlie

Charlie, ok we can figure it out as it gets closer. I mailed Mike he said it's ok. And anyone else is welcome to join us.

Rod

If anyone can help to point me in the right direction.

I am not sure which dive boat to use?

any recomended shore dives?

I will be able to dive May 5th,6th,7th & 8th 2009

Thanks in advance..

If anyone can help to point me in the right direction.

I am not sure which dive boat to use?

any recomended shore dives?

I will be able to dive May 5th,6th,7th & 8th 2009

Thanks in advance..

Steve,
You can call this guy Welcome to Barefoot Scuba Divers He is great to dive with as are others here. I dove with him yesterday (he is a friend) and had a blast.
If you are looking for shore dives, the North Shore should be diveable, and I might be able to dive with you if you like. I am currently off on Tuesday and Wednesday, but I think that will change first week of May.
Safe Dives
Charlie

Hey My Girlfriend and I will be in Oahu between May 22st-May 30th. We are both AOW and would love to tag along with anyone on some shore dives. We are bringing all our gear just renting tanks and weights.

Back
Top Bottom