Contents of Specialty boxes/packs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PvtStash

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
heyhey, I'm taking some of the specialty courses through my LDS. I've taken Nitrox and Navigation so far...

In the Navigation box there was a book and a DvD... I was surprised as there was no such DvD in my Nitrox box (jus' the book) although it was still $30-$35.

My question is, are All the specialties Supposed to come with a book AND DvD ? or do some of the specialty classes Not come with a DvD? (and shouldnt they be Cheaper if they dont?)

I'm thinking that for whatever reason my Nitrox DvD was not in the Box and I'd like to have it (as I've paid for it), but I dont want to go in there asking for something I dont have coming.

Was there supposed to be a DvD that came with the book in the green box?

Thx.

this question to be such a stumper...

when you took your SSI Nitrox specialty, was there or was there not a DvD included with the book/tables?

... apparently the story (as my LDS tells it) is that no DvD comes with Nitrox or Stress/Rescue... , you Can get one, but its like $20-$25 extra...

So... if you take the Nitrox course by SSI and Dont get a DvD in the box... do not be alarmed... this is "normal".

sorry - didn't see that earlier: when I did my nitrox through SSI there was no DVD; only book and I had to pay for the tables separately as well. that was 3years ago in one of the dive op's in the red sea - Egypt.

At least NAUI threw in a pencil and highlighter!

Don't feel bad. Their web site says the OW course includes a dvd but I never saw one when I took the course.
Maybe the LDS are selling them for signaling mirrors.

The DVD for the OW Course is available; however it significantly increases the cost of the package so not all LDS's believe they should sell it as the default option.

Iv'e take nitrox, navigation, deep diving, and night dive. All came with book & DVD or VHS. Nitrox came with charts/tables also. Maybe the LDS can get them with or without?

Around here it seems the Dive Shops "loan" you the DVDs that go with the courses which makes sense, I mean why buy it when you just need to watch it a time or two before the classromm session(s).

Back
Top Bottom