South Padre dive Op recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RaginCajun

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm planning to visit South Padre next week and wanted to know if anyone has any recommendations on Dive Ops / charters or dives.

So far it looks like American Divers is the main charter down there, but I think I might not be looking deep enough (pun intended). I'm sure there must be others.

It looks like the Texas Clipper is ~17 miles out. Is this consistent with the distance of most sites?

Looks like the visibility is very good (70+ lately), but what should I expect in terms of current -- variable and unpredictable?

Also is there anything I should know about accomodations--places to shy away from?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

American Diving is pretty much the only ticket in town. The sites range from 9 to 25 miles off shore. Water has been blue and you nailed the current dead on -- variable and unpredictable. You can get a diver discount at the Howard Johnson and Ramada on the Island, just call and ask 'em.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom