Any Ohio divers here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FroggMan

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm moving to Columbus and need new people to dive with, anybuddy know the area?

The forum is FULL of Buckeye divers. I am pretty familiar with several of the quarries in the area and, if lake diving and wrecks is your thing, there are lots here as well.

Let me know when you arrive and need someone to dive with!!

Oh, yeah, there's a bunch of us. If you want to dive Oct.9-11, take a look at the Meet & Greet XXX thread stickied at the top of the forum. You can find all sorts of threads about Ohio diving and divers. I've not been to the Circleville Twin Quarries, but you can head northwest and find Gilboa Quarry (which is great), Portage Quarry, and Whitestar Quarry.

-Rob

ya' found us! :)

my main haunt is Whitestar Quarry in Gibsonburg, OH 'bout 40min. from my home base of Toledo...

if your free during the week at all... 9am-ish - 2pm-ish and wanna get wet @ the W-star, lemme know...

Hey there!

I dove Gilboa for the first time the day after the WORLD record attempt, and loved it! I've also dove Whitestar and Portage. I'm looking to do some Lake Erie wreck diving, just no luck finding a boat to get out on! Maybe I just need to BUY one myself.... LOL! :)

Welcome to the boards, and to Ohio! Plenty of divers!

I'm looking to do some Lake Erie wreck diving, just no luck finding a boat to get out on! Maybe I just need to BUY one myself.... LOL! :)

Welcome to the boards, and to Ohio! Plenty of divers!

I'm doin' some this Saturday... (Lake Erie Wreck divin' that is)... The Hickory Stick... 110' Dredging Barge w/ crane that sank in 1958...

Diving it with MAST (Maritime Archeaological Survey Team) for the low low price of $25

cant beat that for a 2-dive wreck trip! (even if it is a "working" dive)

Contact Carrie Sowden at The Great Lakes Historical Society

Its real easy to join, with a one-day training class.

Cheap Lake Erie Wreck Divin' Awaits! :)

Pvt Stash! I'm CALLING! SWEET LINKS! THANKS!

Okay, I called! Spoke with Carrie! The good news, is that she took my name. The BAD news, is the class you need to take is only offered once a year, in April! GEEZ! Anyway, the web site is nice, some good information. I'm excited. I may just drive there to introduce myself and say "howdy".

Last edited:
There are also alot of non-Ohio divers who regularly dive in Ohio. NW Ohio has some of the best training locations in the region. I'm referring to Gilboa, White Star and Portage. You'll run into divers from Indiana, Ohio, Michigan and Ontario Canada on a regular basis at those quarries. I've also run into folks from West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Illinois and Kentucky there as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom