Hello, board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kev59

Serious divers wear black; go Spectre!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello, I'm joining this expansive resource, hoping to find new dive buddies, trips, and experiences. I am in Cincinnati, Ohio. I love FFM diving (Divator, KM-48) recreationally. I dive for fun and do not take it over the top. Always learning and happy to be part of this fantastic sport (and it is a sport). I learn from everyone I dive with.

Local to me are Gilboa and Natural Springs in Ohio, Falling Rock and Pennyroyal in Kentucky.

Feel free to contact me through here or Telegram (Kevin Esmeier) I don't use any social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)

Attachments

• Profile2024.jpg
    Profile2024.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 20
Welcome to the forums!
Thanks. I see you're familiar diving near Panama City/Destin. Any advice? I am traveling there next week.

Welcome to SB, Kev.

Welcome to SB, Kev.
Thanks. You're well connected on here - can you recommend anyone in Destin, FL? Traveling there next week.

Thanks. I see you're familiar diving near Panama City/Destin. Any advice? I am traveling there next week.
I have not done any diving in Destin yet, though I hear good things about it. In Panama City Beach I've had good experiences with both Dive Locker and Panama City Diving. I believe Panama City Diving is the only dive op who also does guided shore dives at the St. Andrews Jetties, if you are interested in that (it is tide dependent, and to me o.k. diving but not something I'd skip a boat dive for).

P.S.: If you haven't been diving in the Gulf yet it will be good to set your expectations -- it is not the Caribbean, usually has greenish water, often with particulates, and usually somewhat limited viz unless you get lucky. No real reefs, but artificial reef structures that creatures make their home. That said, there can still be a lot of critters to see (including Goliath Groupers) and the diving is still enjoyable if you go with the right expectations.

As for Destin, I have heard good things about Emerald Coast and Scubatech, but I have no firsthand experience with them.
Someone mentioned Emerald Coast. I'll be sure to share my experience whatever I wind up doing
P.S.: If you haven't been diving in the Gulf yet it will be good to set your expectations -- it is not the Caribbean, usually has greenish water, often with particulates, and usually somewhat limited viz unless you get lucky. No real reefs, but artificial reef structures that creatures make their home. That said, there can still be a lot of critters to see (including Goliath Groupers) and the diving is still enjoyable if you go with the right expectations.
Thanks for that info. I'm used to diving in quarries and low visibility. I was two years into my certification before I had a boat dive in the ocean (Fort Lauderdale - got lucky saw my first shark on that dive). I love being underwater; I'll be the first to volunteer to help fix someone's pool or try to find a lost item in a pond with inches of visibility.

Thanks. You're well connected on here - can you recommend anyone in Destin, FL? Traveling there next week.
On the Gulf I've only dived from Panama City. Looks like Rob has you covered for that.

Back
Top Bottom