Getting around in Rincon, PR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leprendun

New
Reaction score
I'm traveling to Rincon (PR) this coming December to dive with Taino Divers, but having difficulty deciding on a hotel. I've found plenty of affordable hotels in the area, but they seem a bit far from the dive shop. Is it easy enough to find a cab around town? How expensive are they usually? Or is it worth it to pony up more cash for a hotel closer to the dive shop? Any locals or frequent divers of Rincon, I'd appreciate your help!

When most folks come to Rincon they rent a car.

It will get you to and from the airport and it will get you to the many restaurants in the area.

There is one cab that you can call if he is available and answers his phone.

Honestly, close to the dive shop... within easy walking distance I can't come up with a name... other than the Blue Boy Inn... which is great place to stay... with pool and breakfast.

If a car is out of the question you might call Taino and ask for recommendations.

We just got back from Rincon, and stayed with Marc at the Blue Boy. With the schedule at Taino Divers, we didn't have time in the morning to really appreciate the breakfast (Marc makes great crepes and French Toast, plus a veggie omelette), so we usually opted for cereal, toast, and some fruit. The pool is fantastic, and a great place to relax after a dive. We were there in low season (May), and for three of the four days we were there, it was just us, Marc and Paco (his new kitty). We rented a car in San Juan, so mobility wasn't a problem, and some of the better places to eat are not right in town, so being able to navigate is highly recommended. If you are going all the way to Puerto Rico from the States, I would also strongly suggest that you run down to La Paguera and dive the wall. We spent one day with West Divers there, and are already planning a return trip next year.

Plus, plan to spend a couple of days in Old San Juan, either on your way in, or out. We stayed at the El Convento, and it was just mystical. One caution, though, you will not need a car in Old San Juan, so plan on either getting it on the way to Rincon, or ditching it when you get back.

I can provide more details if you need them, just send me a PM, and I would be glad to elaborate.

Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom