Western P.R. (Rincon) - AirBnb for Divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn’t worry about the weather. If they cancel, they should return you your money. Check about that with them.

Also, Taino Divers dives relatively close to the shore. So I don’t think weather will have a big impact.
Weather can have a huge impact on a dive boat's ability to go out, even close to shore. Taino will cancel (like any other shop) if the current/waves are not favorable to good/safe diving.

Shore dives are also dependent on at least safe waves/current (right now nobody is in the water due to the storm surges coming from the North - it's a bit crazy out there!) - so yes, pre-book, but you can call a few days ahead of time to see how they are feeling about the forecast. And they are very good about cancellations - you'll never lose money due to a canceled dive.

Good luck with your plans and drop me a PM if you have any local questions!
J

@JossRincon is right! Weather has indeed been crazy. I didn’t know it was this bad so apologies for the incorrect advice. Any dive operator should indeed cancel in weather like this.

I'd do Parguera, to be honest - right now it's the most varied spot to go to. Paradise Scuba and Snorkel are AMAZING (we were just out there Thursday, actually, so sorry I didn't reply sooner!). We did an incredible wall dive and saw a couple of reef sharks close up, tons of Green Morays... it was great.

There is a nice spot in Parguera just opening up, the Parguera Plaza Hotel - we had a great stay for our little getaway. Let us know what you end up booking (call ahead asap to book!)
Just booked with Paradise diver's on 3/20-3/21 to dive the wall!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom