Flooded Nemo Excel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NOLADIVER1

Reaction score
I am out in the Cocos Islands enjoying the sharks when my Nemo gives me the low battery signal. The crew has the little screw driver I need to undo the back so I start digging in. We replace the battery and make sure to tighten the screws all the way, so I think. I did something wrong because it flooded somewhere in the 30-40 feet range. Clearly I voided the warranty.

Is there anyway I can send it back in and have the inside replaced? I understand I would have to pay for the inside. Do I have any options at all or is it back to the store for a whole new one?

Last edited:
I am sorry this happened to you, when replacing the battery we reccommend an authorized service center, the gasket needs to be replaced and the unit then needs to be pressure tested.

It is hard to say if it can be repaired when electronics get wet. It is possible but it will need to be sent back to the factory. You should bring it to your local dealer or contact the Mares Distributor in Australia and they can get you an estimate. Then you can make a decision on what is better to do. Note, the factory is closed in August, so they cannot get this done until September.

Regards,

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom