Flooded Inon Z 330

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

_anak_pulau_

Registered
Reaction score
My Inon-Z330 has sadly flooded yesterday :crying:, just 2 weeks after the 1 year warranty has lapsed.

Battery compartment was dry so it wasn't leaking from there. I got in touch with the shop I bought it from in Malaysia, dude want nothing to do with it and basically said, seen that happen before, leaking from the front (bulb end) and it's just very unfortunate case. Cost too much to be "unfortunate" I reckon.

I picked Inon (top of the range for that matter) over Sea&Sea due to "leak reputation" and long lastingness, future proof yada yada yada...well....didn't get very far at all.

BIG SIGH :shakehead:

Extremely disappointed and appalling quality from Inon.
20231112_165356.jpg

Is there any sign of damage? You might want to contact Inon anyway to see if they can help.

Some credit cards have "extended coverage" benefits that might help with getting it fixed. Something to look into.

Is there any sign of damage? You might want to contact Inon anyway to see if they can help.

Some credit cards have "extended coverage" benefits that might help with getting it fixed. Something to look into.
It doesn't turn on...have emailed Inon. Will see what they say.
Tipped it over bulb side down but water ain't draining out either. Wonder where it leaked!

I bought Sea&Seas and always wondered if I should have bought Inons. Now I know.
I've always had Sea & Sea strobes, but after two failures within a week on newer YS-01's, I moved to Inon and haven't looked back. There was a report done on WetPixel aggregating how many complaints by strobe manufacturer existed in the forums and S&S had the most by far.

Update: I sent my strobe back directly to Inon JP for assessment. They honoured the warranty and replaced it as there was no evidence of user-caused leak. Thank Goodness! I only had to pay for shipping both ways.

For future reference, Inon also has "flood replacement programme" in case the fault did not meet warranty requirements. I'm not sure of the criteria of this programme whereby you'd be eligible to purchase a replacement strobe at a discounted price. I assume it is up to the discretion of Inon case by case basis, as to whether each individual case is eligible.

That's a great outcome! Good on Inon for taking care of the customer beyond the warranty period.

Thanks for sharing!

Update: I sent my strobe back directly to Inon JP for assessment. They honoured the warranty and replaced it as there was no evidence of user-caused leak. Thank Goodness! I only had to pay for shipping both ways.

For future reference, Inon also has "flood replacement programme" in case the fault did not meet warranty requirements. I'm not sure of the criteria of this programme whereby you'd be eligible to purchase a replacement strobe at a discounted price. I assume it is up to the discretion of Inon case by case basis, as to whether each individual case is eligible.
Awesome! When my S&S strobes failed, no flooding, every other sentence from the support team included "if flooded the warranty won't cover..."

I almost wanted to scream at the guy, THEY AREN'T FLOODED!

Awesome! When my S&S strobes failed, no flooding, every other sentence from the support team included "if flooded the warranty won't cover..."

I almost wanted to scream at the guy, THEY AREN'T FLOODE

I almost wanted to scream at the guy, THEY AREN'T FLOODED!
Lol. That does sound like a typical S&S type service from what I've heard.

I am wondering whether this has anything to do with the new dome design. I sometimes pack my strobes into my dive bag and check in. Front face of the old inons are flat, so, even there is weight applied on them inside the luggage, glass it self is not under pressure from external forces.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom