Family Trip to Curacao in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't know if you notice or not either, but they're running a island wide deal now as well... Curacao NOW | Great Deals for your trip to the Caribbean Island of Curacao

On another note, anyone down there know how long they've extended the booking window for the 'now' deal?

Hi there,

The last news I got was that the booking window for the Curacao Now incentive has been extended "until further notice". I didn't hear anything different since then.

OE(W) are participating dive operators: If you buy a 6 days dive package (boat or shore) you pay only for 5 days.

There are also incentive deals on car rentals and accomodation.

Greetings

Andreas
..:: All West Curacao ::..
..:: Ocean Encounters West ::..

Bryan, thanks for the quick reply!

Given my unfamiliarity with the island, am I able to walk over from the Marriott to the Hilton from the beach so I can explore with Ocean Explorers? Also, will I be able to sign-up at the Hilton location for an excursion to the west to dive Watamula, Alice in Wonderland and Mushroom Forest or do I have drive out to Ocean Explorers West?

Thanks again.
Luke

Hey Luke... Ocean Encounters - Hilton will be able to arrange everything for you for all your diving needs whether that is w/ Ocean Encounters or Ocean Encounters West. Bottom line... Ocean Encounters... is your one stop for all your diving needs!

The only thing I would suggest is that you rent a car. Others have suggested the same and I totally agree. This way you not only have the freedom to explore the island but also you can bring your family to some awesome locations while you dive!! Win-win!!

Any further questions, please just ask! Always happy to help!!

Best regards,
Bryan

Hey Luke... Ocean Encounters - Hilton will be able to arrange everything for you for all your diving needs whether that is w/ Ocean Encounters or Ocean Encounters West. Bottom line... Ocean Encounters... is your one stop for all your diving needs!

The only thing I would suggest is that you rent a car. Others have suggested the same and I totally agree. This way you not only have the freedom to explore the island but also you can bring your family to some awesome locations while you dive!! Win-win!!

Any further questions, please just ask! Always happy to help!!

Best regards,
Bryan

Bryan, Thanks. I'll probably contact OE in a few days. I'll probably do the 2 Tank AM dive on a Thursday with CSS since one of the dives is at Superior Producer, which I want to do and also it will give me a discount for a night dive that they have on Tuesdays.

As for the others, I'd like to dive Mushroom Forest and Watamula. I also like OE's Special Trips that are advertised on the website.

Thanks again!
Luke

Marriott booked (10/4 - 10/11) and airline tickets purchased. Now I just have to figure out a dive schedule for the week! :D

Hi Luke,

My wife and I have stayed at the Curacao Marriott 3 times, our last time was this past July and we used Caribbean Sea Sports all 3 times. The convenience is unmatched if you are staying at the Marriott, the staff is friendly and very knowledgeable, and they will handle all logistics. Their house reef is really a nice place to dive, right off the Marriott's beach, so you don't have to spend much time traveling. We've done about 10 or so shore dives including a night dive on the house reef and there is so much to see it never gets old. They have a boat (Explorador) going out twice a day to all the best sites on the island. There are lockers to store your stuff, but just tell the Marriott when you check-in that you would like a room close to the dive shop so you don't have to spend a lot of time walking back and forth.

The thing about Caribbean Sea Sports, you can be sitting on the beach or by the pool, and if you decide to do a dive you can be in the water in as fast as it takes you to suit up. Then after the dive, you can grab a drink and some food at the board room beach bar on the way back to your palapa. :D

My wife and I love it there, we'll be heading back again the future.

Mike

I agree with Sam. My wife and I dove withem a couple years ago and they were very nice. Good operation. The water had great viz and it was stress free diving. I would go back and dive with ocean encounters. I hope you have a great time there

Not yet, but UWBB keeps workin' on me. :) Hope you have your eyes out for a big turkey. :D

Hi Gtoph,

How's your planning status? All West starts filling up for November - we would feel sorry if you had to stay anywhere else just because we're booked... You know I am counting on you to bring those turkeys with you Sunshine will turn into a perfect Thanksgiving dinner :)

Greetings from Curacao
Andreas

Hi Luke,

My wife and I have stayed at the Curacao Marriott 3 times, our last time was this past July and we used Caribbean Sea Sports all 3 times. The convenience is unmatched if you are staying at the Marriott, the staff is friendly and very knowledgeable, and they will handle all logistics. Their house reef is really a nice place to dive, right off the Marriott's beach, so you don't have to spend much time traveling. We've done about 10 or so shore dives including a night dive on the house reef and there is so much to see it never gets old. They have a boat (Explorador) going out twice a day to all the best sites on the island. There are lockers to store your stuff, but just tell the Marriott when you check-in that you would like a room close to the dive shop so you don't have to spend a lot of time walking back and forth.

The thing about Caribbean Sea Sports, you can be sitting on the beach or by the pool, and if you decide to do a dive you can be in the water in as fast as it takes you to suit up. Then after the dive, you can grab a drink and some food at the board room beach bar on the way back to your palapa. :D

My wife and I love it there, we'll be heading back again the future.

Mike

Agreed on all counts, but anyone going to Curacao needs to plan to spend a day or two up in Westpunt visiting Bryan, Andreas, and crew at OEW for a day of diving and then Sunshine for dinner!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom