Best book for Fundies prep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBoard!

Go back through the posts of years past. Pay particular attention those from Genesis, Nova, Papa Bear and Nereas ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Come on Bob, be nice to the guy.

There are some pretty decent articles in the Quest magazine. Join GUE, and you get all the back-issues. You also get a lot of worksheets with the fundies material. You can download them when you pay your registration. I'm not sure if there'd be a problem if you registered that far in advance (?)

Tom

There are some pretty decent articles in the Quest magazine. Join GUE, and you get all the back-issues. You also get a lot of worksheets with the fundies material. You can download them when you pay your registration. I'm not sure if there'd be a problem if you registered that far in advance (?)

Registering over a year ahead sounds like a crazy idea, but getting Quest magaine is a good suggestion. I'll probably go with a book first and then go for the mags.

Registering over a year ahead sounds like a crazy idea, but getting Quest magaine is a good suggestion. I'll probably go with a book first and then go for the mags.

After you register for a course you will have 6 months to take the course or you will have to re-register

From GUE

Students that do not complete their training within six months will be required to re-register and pay a new registration fee.

GUE membership is not required to take a course, however depending on your membership level (Silver and above) you will have access to training materials and training videos.

GUE is currently conducting a membership drive. Let me know if you are interested in becoming a member and I will give you my GUE referral number so I can try to win some prizes :D

Sean

The OW manual is very hands-on, and includes things like a nice section on hand signals. Jarrod's book is more about the philosophy, and a lot about equipment choices.

If you're interested in the math, you might think about purchasing one of the UTD online classrooms, like the Intro to Tech or Tech 1. Although not all of the procedures are identical between the two agencies, the math is, and the online classrooms come with worksheets.

The OW manual is very hands-on, and includes things like a nice section on hand signals. Jarrod's book is more about the philosophy, and a lot about equipment choices.

Hand signals are high on the list of things that would be good to have standardized.

If you're interested in the math, you might think about purchasing one of the UTD online classrooms, like the Intro to Tech or Tech 1. Although not all of the procedures are identical between the two agencies, the math is, and the online classrooms come with worksheets.

I've read Bove & Davis, so it's less the math per se as the practical simplification of the math that interests me. Should be good for now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom