what to do for my 100th dive???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did my 100th dive, then realised that it was my 100th filling out my logbook. Tradition in my club is round numbered dives buy a round of beer (didn't go a club excursion for that one, so even saved money!) "Schnapps-Zahl" dives (123rd, 222nd, 666th etc.) people do random stuff. (Instructor: 666th dive, went to 66.6 meters for a total dive time of 65 minutes... Know about this one from the irritation regarding the dive time)

Suggestion for your 100th:

1. 10m maximum depth, 100 minutes total time.
2. Devise formula beforehand (Maximum Depth*2+total time or similar) and make dive time and maximum depth produce 100... (consider borrowing bigger tanks)
3. go dive and don't take silly traditions too seriously if you can't think of something suitably impressive... (it is, after all your 144th dive in octal, your 64th dive in hexadecimal and your 1100100 (!!) dive in binary...)

Oh, and re: diving in the nude: Pictures, or it didn't happen! :popcorn:
There is, incidentally, a nudist diver association, and on the German scuba board (tauchen.net) someone asked about a see-through suit, as he was a staunch naturalist...

Gerbs

Oh, and re: diving in the nude: Pictures, or it didn't happen! :popcorn:
There is, incidentally, a nudist diver association, and on the German scuba board (tauchen.net) someone asked about a see-through suit, as he was a staunch naturalist...

Gerbs

trust me it did happen but i aint putting naked pics of me on here!!!!! trying to get a bikini back on under your bcd is very difficult!!! :D:D

I'd REALLY wanted to do my 100th with my dive club, but my mom became very ill and she moved in with us under hospice care. She stabilized enough that I was able to do the Reef Check California training, that I'd signed up for a year earlier.

Though I was disappointed that I couldn't share my 100th dive with the folks who provided so much support and mentoring, I guess that it may be even more appropiate that my 100th dive be the start of my "paying back" to the ocean.

Posted via Mobile Device

I did my 100th a year ago from our house here in Nova Scotia. Had to wait 2 months as I was away and stuck on 99. Naked dives are NOT an option in Nova Scotia --most GUYS will attest to severe "Decompression" problems.

Last edited:
get cave certified....

I did my 100th dive just under a local pier, nothing special about the dive though I did get a buddy to take a picture of me with a sign saying 100 :) For my 200th the plan was the same except my buddy got very sea sick, had to bail on the dive and I had no one to take the photo on the dive so another diver took one of me with the sign on the boat after!

There's only one way I know to top a nude dive. You'll need a friend. A close friend, if you know what I mean...

And of opposite sex, correct?

Not necessarily. That would depend on one's preference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom