Dx2g and YS-110a

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seansrs36

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have experience with these two? The reason I ask I assumed that the 110a was TTL. If it is TTL should it not properly expose the picture? It seems like I get to much light. Does the 2g have the same problem that the 1g had with doing a pre-flash? I spent good money on these two and hopefully can get them to work right.

I don't have experience with these two but with the predecessors of these two, the DX-1G and the YS-110. That combination works fine, so I have no reason to expect that the new version of each of these components would fail.
To get the TTL working you need the have the DX-2G in manual mode (M) and the strobe in TTL-mode; the two should be connected through a fiber optic cable and the strobe in the camera should be set to On (not Auto). I work with 1/125 sec and most of the time with F/5.7. And watch your distance from the subject. Don't go further that about 1 m (3 ft); theoretically the flash should reach till double that distance but my experience is that it doesn't.
That combination works for me, so give it a try and let me now if that works.

I have the DX-1G and two YS-110a's and agree with all of what Gustele says. You should also check Slave is switched off on the strobe.

Cheers
Treb

Back
Top Bottom