Pay attention while taking photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah. Alcina is right. You know what is really cool? When you look at your photos later and see stuff in them that you didn't see while you were taking them.

Funny, I have the opposite problem. I look at my photos and go, "I KNOW there was a nudibranch there! Where is it?" or "No, really, the shark was much bigger in person."

Funny, I have the opposite problem. I look at my photos and go, "I KNOW there was a nudibranch there! Where is it?" or "No, really, the shark was much bigger in person."

:lol: Yeah. That too. Or you say "What the hell what I taking a photo of?"

I have to say this too. I was leery of opening this thread because I thought it was going to be another bashing of photographers. TG for a change of pace

I once saw video of a guy lining up a shot under a ledge and a big tiger shark came by, took a nibble on his tank and took off.

Yeah. Alcina is right. You know what is really cool? When you look at your photos later and see stuff in them that you didn't see while you were taking them.

How very true... so far this year, in the northern gulf, I've discoved I have not been seeing 3 kinds of reef shrimp.. basket starfish and a whole bunch of small crab species like in this photo (which I did not see at the time)

grouper801.JPG

Found them all by seeing them blurry and out of focus in my pictures.

My wife was trying to get the eel to pose and never noticed the horn shark and did not believe me there was one in the hole until she downloaded this image.

6780_1217067510757_1350938113_629102_3266496_n.jpg

My wife was trying to get the eel to pose and never noticed the horn shark and did not believe me there was one in the hole until she downloaded this image.

6780_1217067510757_1350938113_629102_3266496_n.jpg

LOL, nice

I have to say this too. I was leery of opening this thread because I thought it was going to be another bashing of photographers. TG for a change of pace

Ya, I thought about putting a winky eye in the topic line to lighten it up a bit but decided not to.

Yes indeed "look down(around)"......Recently off Dominica, I was in a sandy area getting ready to take pic of an eel when I reached down with my left hand to stabalize myself right off the bottom---@ the very last moment I looked down 'real good' to find out I was getting ready to put my hand down on this------so I took a pic of it instead
redscorpionfish.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom