Canon WP-V1 Housing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am interested in picking up one of these. They are very appealing and the right price. What are you getting for the run time one a standard battery? Will the U/W housing accepted an extended battery?

Home now! aaaaah.
nwflyboy, no we didn't use the weights, i even got myself the gorilla tripode(look alike) so i could hang the ankle weights, i thought that was a good idea, but never really needed to use it in our opinion.
masterof0, yes you can use up to the BP-819 battery, which gave me 204mins and i'm using a 32gig class 6SDHC card which i get 179mins on the highest settings.
I found it great that we could record two dives of 50-60 mins, plus an hour or so of the day without having to open the case.
One thing i did find, that has been mentioned before, is the over compensation of the cyan, when recording above water in underwater mode. This can only be changed using the remote when in the case, so i took it with us wrapped in glad wrap. I still want to work out away of waterproofing the remote and sticking it on the side of the case.

Anyone who dives below 130'?

(hey, you asked...):D

Ok...got me...what RECREATIONAL diver would want an Equinox over this. Equinox does have its purpose...but for a recreational diver, an Equinox is like getting comprehensive insurance on a 20-year-old Geo Metro.

The instructions are a Japanese cluster ******.

HF200
remove SD card
set to "video" mode
turn on camera
make sure you are in menu/settings mode
move joystick to the right so you are under the "photo" icon
press photo snap, photo, and the start/stop button on the back of the camera body (not on the screen) all at once.
A new screen will pop-up
click yes and then "set"
the camera will turn off
reset the date and time
you only need do this once.

The above should be made a "Sticky" as the instruction sheet with the WP-V1 and the Canon tech support PDF are both wrong.

Now a question about it.
How/where do you turn it on and off (underwater mode).
Also, does anybody know the approx. weight (to be added) with WA lens attached for neutral buoyancy?

I am interested in picking up one of these. They are very appealing and the right price. What are you getting for the run time one a standard battery? Will the U/W housing accepted an extended battery?

About one hour of use with the standard BP-809.
The Canon BP-819 extended life battery does work in the WP-V1 but I have not verified usage time yet. It is supposed to be about 2 hours of use.
I have read somewhere that other brands of extended life batteries will not fit in the WP-V1. I read it somewhere, but cannot verify that it is true.

i got about two hours record time with the bp 19 and the lcd screen at max brightness. Canon batts are expensive. usually online battery sellers are about 50% less I have used them on the hv20 and the xh a1 with good results.

The above should be made a "Sticky" as the instruction sheet with the WP-V1 and the Canon tech support PDF are both wrong.

Now a question about it.
How/where do you turn it on and off (underwater mode).
Also, does anybody know the approx. weight (to be added) with WA lens attached for neutral buoyancy?
After you turn your cam on, press the button under the jog dial, go to the top of the selection list (just under the movie camera icon) and click...it may have a little portrait..if it doeasn't, go all the way to the right and click on the portrait...then go all the way to the right of that list and click on the fish. That is the underwater mode. If you don't see the fish, then you don't have underwater mode turned on.

I use the BP-819. Almost three hours of shooting on one charge...and the Canon battery reports available shooting time to the very minute...to the very minute, exactly. It fits perfectly in the WP-V1 housing. I have two. I paid less than $100 for each. Very much worth the investment. Abes of Maine has them for $99 right now, with free shipping. Canon BP-819 4-Hour Lithium Ion Battery Pack for HF10/ HF100 I highly suggest the CG-800 charger as well. VERY FAST! Canon CG-800 Charger FOR HF-10/ HF-100/ FS10/ FS11/ FS100

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom