The best macro diving in Phillipines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anilao, with a day trip to Verde Is.
Dumagete with trips to Apo Is.
Panglao Is. with trips to Balicasag.
Each site offers great Macro diving, but mke sure you get to the side trips also!

You can't go wrong diving in the Philppines!!

I like looking at pictures, babyD.

Okay, okay.....I am on it. I will update the website this weekend. We are going through the pictures and the new divesite names now. It was a busy trip!:D

Another vote for Anilao.

Dove there this summer at Club Ocellaris. Dive guide was Alexis. Alexis was one of my top dive guides, anywhere. Went above and beyond to find critters. He was not there to baby sit. He was there to find the rare and exotic critters. Great experience diving with him.

Lembeh is a notch up in critter/muck diving value. (I have dove Lembeh 2 times), but Anilao is very good.

Excellent experience. Anilao has some world class muck diving, but it also has some healthy reefs. Great combo.

well lembeh is consistently rated as the best macro dive in the world but i think that all the places you mentioned has something to offer.
try the secret bay in anilao, and arco point in panglao.
dumaguete used to have the best macro in the philippines imho in ducomi pier near dauin but, sadly, they tore it down.
pm me if you need referals to any of these places

I'll have my dive trip in Dumaguete in X'mas time, is it no more diving activities at DuCoMi Pier area?

Shiva,
As you are doing only a week of diving in the Philippines for macro stuff, here's my recommendation starting with what I consider the best- Anilao, Batangas (try Club Ocellaris resort). If you can find at least 4 extra nights (and don't mind packing/unpacking again), cross over to Puerto Galera, Mindoro. For practical reasons, land in Manila for this destination.

If you can find the opportunity of landing in Cebu, then proceed to Malapascua (try Malapascua Exotic resort). Again, if you have extra nights go to Moalboal, Cebu or Cabilao, Bohol (I was satisfied with Cabilao Beach Club when I was there 3 weeks ago- small and not crowded).

Ask your resort if they can meet you at the airport when you land so they can take you to the resort on the first night. Also, plan to exchange your money to the local currency at the airport- resorts and city hotels have very poor rate of exchange. Resorts may not be able to accept credit cards.

Actually, it's hard to be disappointed if you go to the Philippines for underwater macro as this is the country's specialty. For the most part it depends on your divemaster. Just notify the resort this is what you want to do before you get there.
Enjoy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom