Canon WP-V1 Housing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:confused:
I have now received my Canon Legria F200 and WP-V1 underwaterhousing.
Could someone please tell me how to find the "underwater mode" on the camera.
I cannot find this special mode on mine and I cannot find any references in the instruction manual. The instruction manual for the housing refers to it but via the manual for the camera

:idk: any help out there ?

:confused:
I have now received my Canon Legria F200 and WP-V1 underwaterhousing.
Could someone please tell me how to find the "underwater mode" on the camera.
I cannot find this special mode on mine and I cannot find any references in the instruction manual. The instruction manual for the housing refers to it but via the manual for the camera

:idk: any help out there ?

Don't use it.

Correct the color in post, or use a filter.

Read the thread and you will learn a few things about what you are asking (especially post #24 http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/4610547-post24.html )

If you look very closely you will see that the wp-v1 has a slit at the top and bottom of the lens port that allows water in and out. The slits are located on the lens port and are on the top and bottom towards the very back where the lens port meets the housing.

Good catch! I drilled the holes before I tried it out in water and didn't see the slots. That explains why the cavity filled and emptied so quickly and why there were no bubbles from the top hole when submerging. I edited my how to post on YouTube to remove this unnecessary step.

"Read the thread and you will learn a few things about what you are asking (especially post #24 http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/4610547-post24.html ) " :(

Thanks . Have read the thread but must have missed this part.

Do you compensate by filter at all depths (max 30 - 35 in my case) ? As I understand it - the deeper the more light the filter keeps out and therefore the underwater mode would be a better choice and do the rest in post. However the more shallow dives filters may be a better choice? (95 % of my diving is in green water.)

What if you used P mode with a color filter? My understanding of uw mode is that it changes the color setting to comprimise for the lack of color. I am very close to purchasing this set up. Are all of you relatively happy with this set up?

I have just finished 33 dives in Burma, Australia and New Zealand and had decided to use priority mode with a red filter and I most say I am more then happy with the results. The loose or 28 cm of focal distance is totally unacceptable when this isnt pointed out in the advertising. The reason I purchased this camera is the close focus I wanted for videoing nudibranchs or any other macro stuff. I will endeavour to load some video once I sort thru the 10 hrs of footage

To Sub Cmdr
Thanks for info. I will be staying above the 40 m mark for the time being so the filter should do all right. As far as I can see in theory about 20 m should do ok with the filter, otherwise compensation by light and no filter if deeper or macro. Is this correct?

To ggeorgie2007
Nice video showing the difference. Good to see. I will be using iMovie when time comes .
Anybody with experience of iMovie or other possibilities on Mac?

Nothing too fancy :blinking: just getting started with UW video. Done stills topside.
JeJa26: Yes, the green water filter should do fine if you stay shallow. I have one for the Ikelite W20 wide angle lens if you're willing to pay shipping to Denmark!

And I also use iMovie on a Mac-- it's OK. My license for Final Cut expired and iMovie is all I have now. It works. Even does color correction OK. But I really don't like the fact you can't do graphic overlays on the video. You're limited to their title formats only.

I have just finished 33 dives in Burma, Australia and New Zealand and had decided to use priority mode with a red filter and I most say I am more then happy with the results. The loose or 28 cm of focal distance is totally unacceptable when this isnt pointed out in the advertising. The reason I purchased this camera is the close focus I wanted for videoing nudibranchs or any other macro stuff. I will endeavour to load some video once I sort thru the 10 hrs of footage

Graeme, please send an email to Canon on how you feel. I believe the more complaints they get, the more chances of them coming up with a firmware fix.

Check out my previous posts to see the email address to write to.

Tom.

JeJa26: Yes, the green water filter should do fine if you stay shallow. I have one for the Ikelite W20 wide angle lens if you're willing to pay shipping to Denmark!

And I also use iMovie on a Mac-- it's OK. My license for Final Cut expired and iMovie is all I have now. It works. Even does color correction OK. But I really don't like the fact you can't do graphic overlays on the video. You're limited to their title formats only.

Great. Thank you for the advice. I would like a wide angle lens at some stage. At the moment I have the original Canon housing and waiting for the Inon mountbase M67-WP V-1. ( Inon fotoudstyr til digitale undervands kameraer - M67 Mount Base WP-V1 (Powered by CubeCart))

The Inon UWL-100 type 2 wide angel lens fits this specific mountbase - does your Ikelite fit this mountbase?

As to iMovie this is enough for the time being :)

Graeme, please send an email to Canon on how you feel. I believe the more complaints they get, the more chances of them coming up with a firmware fix.

Check out my previous posts to see the email address to write to.

Tom.

Hi Tom, I have already sent a complaint to Canon and received no response from them unfortunately

Graeme

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom