Channel Islands - Jersey & Guernsey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timoblue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking to get out there July and dive with a few friends.

I don't even own a dry so i'm hoping to get away with a 5 to 7mm. Anyone here dived/dove the UK channel islands before.

Well, I'm thinking of going there in May this year... So far I haven't got any info too...

I'm a big fan of Bergerac (the series from the 80s) and want to see the islands myself and ofcourse jump in to see what's down there... Any advice is welcome!

No-one ever dived around those islands? Hmmm, must not be a real dive destination I guess... Well, gonna find out for myself then.

No-one ever dived around those islands? Hmmm, must not be a real dive destination I guess... Well, gonna find out for myself then.
Well, I dived last April on the Illinois, north of Alderney.
Its a beautiful wreck, an American oil tanker, sunk in WWI.
However I don't know if this wreck is dived by local clubs. I was using Skin Deep, from Weymouth.This is a 70m deep wreck.
I've also dived not far from the Channel Islands, in St Malo area and it was quite nice.

Last edited:
Well, I dived last April on the Illinois, north of Alderney.
Its a beautiful wreck, an American oil tanker, sunk in WWI.
However I don't know if this wreck is dived by local clubs. I was using Skin Deep, from Weymouth.This is not a 70m deep wreck.
I've also dived not far from the Channel Islands, in St Malo area and it was quite nice.

I googled for this wreck and if the info is correct, the ship lies in 70m deep water with it's deck at 55m. That's a bit too deep for me. I'll send some email to dive ops on both islands, see what they'll say. St. Malo sonds nice, but as I will be staying on one of the channel islands, I'm looking for some info to dive there.

obviously.
My post was mostly to confirm you that the should be nice diving possibilities even if you don't get a lot of information here. You'd rather ask on some UK divers forum.

I've tried some UK diver forum, but there isn't a lot of info too. I found 2 PADI centre, but no website... Some are BSAC, but not willing to give info until the day that I arrive. I might start lookin for a thread PADI vs BSAC and find out the difference beween those 2. Diving is diving, right?

hey there,

i'm from Jersey originally (born and bred local) - feel free to ask any questions about Jersey & Guernsey (either diving or non-diving)! I should be able to give you some decent insights and some local info!

@Haiko - i've even been in an episode of Bergerac when i was a kid. They gave all the kids ice creams to eat, then took them away when they had finished the scene.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom