Gear serviced by non-authorized dealer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruiser

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My LDS has quit carrying Scuba Pro, but say they can still service my Scuba Pro gear.

Is this an okay practice or should I find an authorized dealer?

If the regulator is under warranty, you might want to read the fineprint, or call a dealer. If a dealer doesn't do the work, it can void the warranty with certain equipment manufacturers.

If you want to keep the warranty, see above. If not and you have a good tech then I don't see any reason to worry about them not being a SP dealer....the one question I would have is how are they getting parts?

My equipment is under warranty and I dont want to void it. I wonder too where the parts are coming from and if they're Scuba Pro parts. (My equipment was purchased from this LDS.)

The yearly service isn't due for a few months but wanted to get y'alls opinion and decide what to do before then.

Contact Scobapro and see if they are an authorized service center. It`s Scubapros warranty, and they will make the call if there is an issue with your equipment.

Contact Scobapro and see if they are an authorized service center. It`s Scubapros warranty, and they will make the call if there is an issue with your equipment.

Good idea :)

I'm pretty sure Lonestar scuba is a SP dealer if you want to go that route. It's possible that your LDS is still listed as a dealer but for whatever reasons is no longer stocking SP gear.

Since I as a regular diver can find parts for SP regs, I'm sure a former SP dealer has connections to get them even if they no longer have a stocked line. Just a guess, but I imagine many dive shops sell each other parts from time to time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom