S90 Movie Mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

floridafish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I must be doing something wrong, but I cannot get the camera to zoom when RECORDING a movie. The zoom lever works just fine when initially composing, but after pressing the shutter button to start recording, the camera will no longer zoom.

Based on the info on page 32 of the owner's manual, it says the camera can zoom during recording--see step 4.

So, any help would be appreciated. I don't anticipate using the movie function a whole lot, but being able to zoom in on a subject would be nice.

Thanks

FF

According to reviews, it doesn't zoom optically once the recording starts. You should see it digitally zoom, but that just drops the actual resolution and gets fuzzy.

Thanks very much for the help. Once again, manuals are not as specfic as they could be and digital zoom, as you point out, is basically worthless. At any rate, I will just have to zoom with my fins!

Regards,
FF

Back
Top Bottom