looking for a small hd cam w/housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fbosch

Reaction score
Any suggestions on small hd cams/housing packages. In the Past I had a TRV 900/ikelite but it really took alot of time and energy to drag all that weight.
B annd H sells a Bonica Snapper Dive HDDV Digital Media Camcorder for $679 which is a bit expensive. I will be going to belize in May to dive w/ whale sharks and wanted to capture the spectacle.

Thanks Fritz

3 to consider:

Canon HF-200 in the Canon WP-V1 housing

Flip Mino HD in the Ikelite housing
JVC Picsio in the Ikelite housing

both of these have some control/function limitations you'll have to decide if you can live with.

How much video time do you need? A lot of the small point and shoot cameras now capture HD video.

3 to consider:

Canon HF-200 in the Canon WP-V1 housing

Flip Mino HD in the Ikelite housing
JVC Picsio in the Ikelite housing

both of these have some control/function limitations you'll have to decide if you can live with.

ditto, these are all good choices. The Canon is probably the best choice as the other two have a fixed focus. :D

GoPro HD ~$300 for everything, camera, housing, mounts including head strap mount.

I also like JVC Picsio + Ikelite housing ~$450 for all. For the reason, not much junk to haul. Fixed focus, smixed focus, just use Ken Burns effect to zoom in - if you got the mpxs you can. Both take decent still shots, use lower mp setings for stills and probably the 720 60fps is a better choice for video unless you plan on making commercial DVD's For the web, 720 is great and 60 fps gets rid of some jerkiness (in the video, somehow didn't work on people :) )

It will interesting to hear which system you end up getting and how you like it compared to your TRV900/Ikelite.

I understand your need to go lighter and smaller, but be aware, with the exception of the increase in resolution to HD, everything else will be a downgrade in video.

I just Got the JVC Picsio w Ikelite Housing.....Good Camera for the $ light to carry as well.

Back
Top Bottom