Madison Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

is the water warming up ?

I had 75 above the thermocline Saturday. I was working with a confined water class and didn't go below 20 feet so Im not sure about what its like below that. Im sure its warming about normal though, we are getting some warmer nights now.

I wanted to make sure that everyone knows that the Madison Quarry will be open for Memorial Day.

Veterans and Active Duty Military admission is $10 for Memorial day.

Thanks for your service!

Brit,

We will make it out one or two days this weekend. What is the temp right now. See you this weekend.

Brit,

We will make it out one or two days this weekend. What is the temp right now. See you this weekend.

I knocked out 4 dives Sunday. The temp above the thermocline is mid to upper 70s and below ranges from 55 to 61, depending on where you are in the quarry. It seemed that the back was cooler than the front and I am not completely sure where I was when I ran into the 61 degrees at 35 ffw.

Britt,

Great weekend at the quarry! I was glad to see a full parking lot on Sunday, even if the vis suffered as a consequnce. ;-)

The surface temp was in the low 70s (72-73F) and the bottom temp (anything greater than 40ft) was 54F. But that is an improvement in the bottom temp from just two weeks ago when I was still getting 52F! :-D

See you next weekend,
Ltstanfo

Anyone around the Quarry or the Huntsville/North Alabama area in general into Vintage Equipment diving? What are the local attitudes on it?

Britt,

Great weekend at the quarry! I was glad to see a full parking lot on Sunday, even if the vis suffered as a consequnce. ;-)

The surface temp was in the low 70s (72-73F) and the bottom temp (anything greater than 40ft) was 54F. But that is an improvement in the bottom temp from just two weeks ago when I was still getting 52F! :-D

See you next weekend,
Ltstanfo

Saturday was great also, very good crowd. I got bottom temps of 54 also. Ready for this weekend, looks good and HOT!!

Anyone around the Quarry or the Huntsville/North Alabama area in general into Vintage Equipment diving? What are the local attitudes on it?

Phil's got some old stuff in a display case in his shop...

but not sure if anyone is diving old "double hose" stuff. I'm sure there is.... just need to find them.

Check with Phil at Dive Sports. Greg at SDI might know of someone. As might Britt at Better Diver (Madison Quarry)

Chase down Ltstanfo on this site. He plays with a lot of different vintage equipment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom