• Dive Rite Voyager EXP wing 40lbs

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • OxyCheq Mach V Chroma Series 40lbs

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • ummm.....Chicken Wings.....

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If there are no slots, can it be used on a single?

It's a singles wing; requires an STA

eclipse_wing.jpg

Hence why for no STA the Oxycheq is one of the preferred wings. My gals Freedom Plate and 30 lb Mach V are sexy together!

Now for doubles I would love to replace my Oxycheq with a Halcyon wing.

I much prefer the mach v. Streamline, small, tough n very affordable. Edd at caveadventurers gave me a great deal for that wing.

SangP

How can that DR possibly hold a tank to a backplate without an STA?

Sex bolts.

OP, both wings will work equally well but I like the Dive Rite. I've used the venture wing with a single tank and loved it. This one with 5 lbs less buoyancy would be even better. However, I'm choosing the Dive Rite based on something else; your not going to beat Dive Rites service. Have a look at their manufactures forum and see for yourself; I see that you can't get Oxycheq to answer your quarry as to where to buy the wing in question. I always look to see who answers their customers and takes care of them before I buy any gear.

The wing doesn't hold the tank to the backplate, the cam straps do. The cam straps are threaded through the slots in the BP, sandwiching the wing between the tank and the BP.

The wing doesn't hold the tank to the backplate, the cam straps do. The cam straps are threaded through the slots in the BP, sandwiching the wing between the tank and the BP.

Yes, but unless you're using a specially-made backplate that has a channel for the tank to sit against, the tank can and will roll off the back of the backplate channel. Some "STA-less" wings fix this by embedding a couple of vertical rods on either side of the bolt holes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom