Saanich Inlet Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akirawut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The better half's parents want to send us on the 2 night, 2 day, diving package at Brentwood Bay Resort. When would be the best time of year to do this as far as getting good vis etc?

Any input is appreciated.

-Tom

I live next to the resort and dive those waters all the time. I'd say the best overall chance for a great time is sometime in the warm summer months. Vis is historically better in the winter months, but nothing firm that you could ever bet on. Don't pick a really hot time where the surface interval in a drysuit would be silly uncomfortable. Maybe early summer - May, June - would be the best bet. But I wouldn't out-of-hand shrug off any time as a "bad" time to dive the Saanich Inlet. The Lodge has pool and patio for hot days, fire places and hot tubs for cold days. I've dove worse places!

VI

Cool, thanks for the input. It will probably end up being sometime this month or into the fall, as long as neither of those times are classically bad.

Don't think I can wait until next June to cash in :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom