Bermuda Cruise August 15th - 22nd Holland America

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JimQNY

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be on Holland America - Veendam August 15th - 22nd out of NYC. I am interested in doing as much diving as possible during the three days we are in port - St. George/Hamilton. Anyone (group) interested in being a dive buddy???

Would enjoy hearing from people who have taken dive excursions from the cruise ships. Are they worth the price given the fact that you'll have to pay for a taxi/bus if you go outside the ship and the vender doesn't provide transportation ?
How is the quailty of the dives?

Anyone used venders that DO provide transportation from the ships?

Looking forward to hearing from folks and REALLy looking forward to diving in
Bermuda.
Jim

Hello from Florida,
I am also booked on Veendam, but the september sailing... I see that no one has replied. Have you been able to find any vendors? I want to get some non-wreck dives in and spend as much time in the water as possible.

Don't forget to bring extra batteries and o-rings in case your dive computer needs them.

C

If it's not too late to reply, have you checked out Triangle Divers? They are on the east end, near Grotto Bay, and have a very good reputation.

Which port will you be docked at- Hamilton or Kings Warf? This might make a difference as to which dive op to use for logistics. Does the cruise ship offer diving as an excursion? I usually wouldn't recommend using the shop contracted with the cruise ship but there aren't a ton of dive shops in Bermuda like some other ports ( like Cozumel).
I am diving with Blue Water divers in September (not cruising) and they would be a ferry boat ride from Hamilton.

Triangle Divers at Grotto Bay. This is a group of divers for divers. I spent a week a Grotto Bat Resort back in may of this year and i dove 4 out of 5 days. The crew their were GREAT in my opinion. Its about a 30 to 45 min bus ride from Hamilton.

Thanks for the information.
We will be docked in St. George for 24 hrs and Hamilton for 2.5 days.

There is a diving excursion being offered when in Hamilton. I'm not sure
if it's offered each day or not, or who is the vander.

I am booked on a dive with Triangle Divers. A couple of local dive shops recmmended them.

Looking forward to the trip and my first time diving from a boat. I dove last sat (6th) in NY-Rockaway Beach area and the visability was terrible, so this trip will be a welcomed change.

Jim

Hello
thank you all for your help.
I ended up going with the dive excursion from the cruise ship.
They use Fantasia Water Sports. It all went well. Had a great time.
My first boat dive and first time in water where I could actually see something. :D
The coral and fish were amazizng.

Now I am looking at some local boat dives (Queens NY), and a tirp to the Clearwater FL. area in Oct.
Peace,
Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom