Travel BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Cressi light Jac. It's a back inflation BCD. Just has a small pocket on the side, and it's weight integrated. Fully adjustable. Don't have nothing to complain about it.

The Zeagle Express Tech is a great option for travel if you don't want to go the BP/W route.
I'm a die hard BP/W guy so that's what I use whether travelling or at home.
The only difference is I pack Halcyon weight system to travel because most dive destinations only have AL80's and I need quite a few pounds to sink me with one of those strapped to my back.
At home I dive steel tanks. and need NO weight

"I cannot, for the life of me, understand why anyone would need (or want) 56 lbs of lift on a lightweight travel BC..."
I agree, however, w/ the optional pockets, you can dive cold water as well...

So you're using it for steel doubles then? Otherwise I don't understand needing 56 lbs of lift with a single tank.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good travel BC? I need something light that can fold up really well to fit in a carryon.
Hi,
We have several models of “Travel” BCD’s at Leisure Pro. The Cressi Travellight SKU: CSBTL or if you are on a budget used SKU: US11831. The Hollis ATS BCD SKU: HLSATS or the ScubaPro Equator SKU: SCPET. B All Three of these BCD can meet your needs. Please check out the website to see. Leisurepro.com If you see something there and still have technical questions about the product please feel free to contact me.
Sincerely,
Leisure Proski

There is also the Mares Icon which they market as their travel BCD.

Mares has got a new BCD out on the market called the F-Light and weighs only 2.1KG. It's not yet on Mares's website except for the Italian version, but you can google it to see some pictures.

I'm thinking the Transpac II. I remember trying it on when I was gearing up for my Open Water class. I'll hav eto take a second look, but I don't need much in a BC and find all the pockets, backplates, etc. a waste of space.....especially in a carry-on.

I see that nobody mentioned the Oxycheq UltraLight Travel System. I'm usin that and its incredibly small and compact. Not to mentionit is lightweight as well.

I have a Cressi Travel Light, which I’m very happy with. I bought it because I travel thousands of miles every year where I want to minimise the weight and volume. It is foldable with lock straps and can be (is) packed in its own soft bag the size of a supermarket shopping plastic bag so you can take it as cabin baggage if you wish. As for all products it has pluses and minuses; however I find that the plus side outweighs the minuses with a large margin.

On the plus side:
Light weight approx. 2kg
Foldable in its own soft bag
2 large utility pockets
Plenty of D-rings and attachments
Integrated weights
2 tank straps
Snug soft fit
The prize is a under $400

On the minus side:
The lifting capacity is roughly one size under e.g. a medium size will have the same lift in lbs as most other BCD small size have, for comparison medium size Cressi Travel Light = 20.2 lbs, whereas small size Cressi Mens Aquaride BCD = 22.5 lbs

scubajo007 - I'm considering the Cressi Travelight, and appreciate your feedback on it.

I'm trying to get an accurate sense of the size that it packs down to. Can you provide some rough dimensions?

I'm looking at a plastic grocery bag here, and its dimensions are roughly 10 inches (25.4 cm) wide x 12 inches (30.5 cm) long x 5 inches (12.5 cm) high - but I'm guessing that not all plastic grocery bags are the same size. About how large/small is yours?

Thanks!

Hi nwflyboy. Well rough dimensions, I’m on my overseas work at the moment and all my gear is at home so I can’t measure it now, but the dimensions you come up with are according to my memory not far from the actual size for a medium sized BCD. The bag will pass the airport check-in box for allowable cabin baggage. I think the best you can do is to logon to simplyscuba.com, there is a full description of the BCD and a video showing the features and packing the pack bag. I would like to attach the video but the size is 16mb.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom