Canon WP-V1 Housing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If this works out as expected, this ought to be VERY ideal for this kit...

> Optical Improvements
- U/W FOV improvement of ~28mm (W-20) to 17mm (UWL-04)
- gross reduction in "softness" in W-20

> Bouyancy / Trim Improvements
- Seriously Negative and nose-heavy with W-20
- Slightly Negative and much better "trim" (more rearward) over W-20 with UWL-04

Can't wait... :dork2:

BTW - The Fisheye FIX UWL-04 (from Backscatter) is NOT in stock, and will be on backorder for as much as 2 weeks. So I will have to wait until then to get the new lens and provide you all with some results.

We have UWL-04 lenses in stock, both versions (for Fix G11, and also the 52/67 size)

We have UWL-04 lenses in stock, both versions (for Fix G11, and also the 52/67 size)

You may well have gotten my business... :eyebrow:

I'll check with the backscatter folks and cancel if they don't have any issue with it.

BTW - I noticed you also offer free shipping on that product (which Backscatter also did)

WOW... H2O got it shipped out within hours of my order.

Kudos to them!

PS - nothing against Backscatter - they just didn't have the gear and H2O did.

Taking the new lens (from H20) into the pool tonight to check on bouyancy characteristics, FOV, etc. Going to mate the HF-200 and WPV-1 with the UWL-04 -AND- a Fisheye FIX LED1000DX light!

I'll try to come back with an ntial report on that combination...

BTW -Thanks again to Mike @ H20 for the great service on the UWL-04, and Jack over at OpticalOceans for the new LED video light! You guys are the best and I recommend you both...

Look forward to reading your report.

It's cool more people are getting into video and sharing their experiences. The more popular UW video becomes, more options come available for us consumers.

Hey Everyone,
Just joined this site, and already I am learning a lot. I was wondering if anyone had any bright ideas where I might find the Canon WP-V1. So far it seems everyone is out ot stock. Or, if you have one you are unhappy with and would like to sell it let me know.
Gerry

Taking the new lens (from H20) into the pool tonight to check on bouyancy characteristics, FOV, etc. Going to mate the HF-200 and WPV-1 with the UWL-04 -AND- a Fisheye FIX LED1000DX light!

I'll try to come back with an ntial report on that combination...

BTW -Thanks again to Mike @ H20 for the great service on the UWL-04, and Jack over at OpticalOceans for the new LED video light! You guys are the best and I recommend you both...

Got into the pool tonight and had to hand over my kit to a former student who shot some video of my class for me. But before I did, I had a brief chance to pick it up and take a twirl with it - MAN IS IT SWEET NOW!

The Fisheye Fix UWL-04 lens really is the #H*% for this camera/housing combo (and thereby the same ought to be true for the WP-V2 and HF30/300 as well). Great optics, much wider FOV given the very sweet .42X lens with a native FOV of 131 degrees diagonal, when combined with the rather narrow Canon lens, the net FOV is a nice true U/W 17mm (about 95 degrees). But just as big a treat (if not more) is the change in the balance and bouyancy. Slightly negative (no numbers yet), and a significant shift from being extremely nose heavy.

I'm watching the video now and I'll try to post some samples on VImeo tomorrow (if I can find the time)....

Anyway... I really have a big recommendation for this set up (and I'll post some pix tomorrow of it too). I also added a Fisheye FIX LED1000DX (again - thanks to Jack at Optical Oceans dot com) and it is also a killer video light. I do beieve I'll need to add another so I can really have seperate light sources to minimize shadow and gain additional coverage (now that I have a lens that can really take this out to TRUE WIDE ANGLE!) - otherwise the LED1000Dx is extremely bright (thank God it has a variable output knob to trim it down on closeups) and wide - but not quite wide enough for the FIX UWL-04!

All the best,

Jim

PS- Thanks again to OpticalOceans and H2O for getting me this product out so quickly!

Did you tried to zoom with those lens ? With INON UWL-100 even slight zoom makes corners completely out of focus. What happens when you used UWL-04 ?

Thank you,

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom