din conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomboyy

Carnival ride inspector
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Do I need to Torque my DIN consersion kit or can I tighten it like it would my hoses and regs .
I asked in another thread and just wanted to get more response.

Thanks !

I would want to refer to the tech literature for that one. I would think your answer would be listed in the regulator's service manual that you can find online.

The Scubapro torque spec on the Mk25 din retainer is 266 in. lb. That retainer does not have to loosen much for the O-ring at the bottom to become useless.

Do I need to Torque my DIN consersion kit or can I tighten it like it would my hoses and regs .
I asked in another thread and just wanted to get more response.

Thanks !

You need to follow the torque specs according to the reg. This can be anywhere between 30 to 40 nM or around 22 ft.lbs. Overtorquing can lead to cracking of the reg body, while not enough torque (ie hand tight) will lead to improper sealing (some bubbles). Personally, I don't think that the reg will fly off an undertorqued nut with 3000 PSI of force, but that's just something I'm not willing to find out.

On my Aqualung Titan I used a "fair bit" more force than hoses, and it still came loose a few times - it would wiggle around as I was fitting it to the tank. So I used more force. It's been fine for 30 dives or so. On the Apeks DS4 I applied more force than for the hoses (but it didn't seem to be as much as the Titan) and it's been solid for 15-20 dives or so. Test your gear and bubble check. Don't crack the body or smash o-rings!

All measures are metric. :wink:

VI

On just about all regs, the one torque specification given in the service manual, is the yoke nut and similarly the din fitting. Generally they are specified to a torque of 25 - 34 Nm, depending on the brand. Scuba tools has a torque wrench in this range for just this application.

http://www.frogkick.dk/manuals/

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom