Mikron Non-ACD Yoke to DIN Conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

al860

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Folks.

I recently bought a Yoke to DIN conversion kit for my Mikron first stage. When I try to assemble it though the wheel appears to be too thick and I cant get the screwthread to start tightening.

The part number used is 125755. The problem seems to be that my first stage has some extra plastic protruding meaning the wheel is held off the body by a further 5mm. Has anyone any idea how to fix this? I'm thinking of trimming the extra off the plastic and trying that.

Could it be that you are using the wrong part number? As far as I know the latest conversion kit has the part #129022. The #125755 is the ugly 200bar "triangle-looking" version if I recall correctly. That is not something that should fit a Mikra, I think I have just seen those on some Calypsos and that has not been current since at least 2007 if I'm not wrong.

#125755 with lip:
m_e.jpg

#129022 with a flat mating surface:
m_ff.jpg

Be that as it may, you can trim any plastic that is in the way off the hand-wheel, or even leave off the sheath (#127876) of the first stage. The sheath is purely cosmetic and the plastic portion off the hand-wheel is only an aid to grip the structural required brass underneath.

As long as you can still turn the hand-wheel, you can trim off whatever plastic you like off the two, they are purely cosmetic.

Attachments

• Mikron - Schematics (2017).pdf
    362.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Mikron - Service Manual (2016).pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 61
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom