Munising Labor Day Weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Notso_Ken

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anybody planning on diving up in Munising over Labor Day?

I'm going up to the UP to visit family, and would like to get in a couple dives or 4. Looking for a dive buddy.

Ken

I'm confirmed for diving on 5 September, so far 4 divers booked, room for 2 more.

What are you planning to dive? I'm going to be in Marquette that weekend.

What are you planning to dive? I'm going to be in Marquette that weekend.

I'm going to be in Gwinn that weekend. Do you know "On the road to Gwinn?"

I've never dove Munising before, so really any wrecks are fine with me, but looking through my book on them, I'd like to dive the Smith Moore, and the Steven Selvick.

But, that's just me, I can really go for anything the other divers on the boat want to do.

And, as far as I know, it's down to 3, one just dropped out. He only dives wet right now, and it looks like dry suit time, even for me. Also, he didn't realize how far up there Munising is!

Ken

Last edited:
Not looking good for the weekend. Forecast of up to 21' waves tonight and tomorrow, and calming down to "only" 7-8 feet by Sunday . . . . .

the harbor is alway diveable... the bermuda is a fun dive and there are other options.

Have fun!

Rich

the harbor is alway diveable... the bermuda is a fun dive and there are other options.

Have fun!

Rich

Yep, I just took a look at the conditions in the harbor area - pretty calm there. Grand Island is sheltering the area pretty well. Even the Steven Selvick may be diveable after all.

Just no going out of the harbor . . .

Ken

Great wrecks! Have fun. And if you get a chance the Pictured Rock tours are extremely beautiful.

Paula

Great wrecks! Have fun. And if you get a chance the Pictured Rock tours are extremely beautiful.

Paula

Oh, I've done the Pictured Rocks many years ago.

Yep, I just took a look at the conditions in the harbor area - pretty calm there. Grand Island is sheltering the area pretty well. Even the Steven Selvick may be diveable after all.

Just no going out of the harbor . . .

Ken

Just talked to Shipwreck Tours - todays dives did get cancelled. But, forecast is for better conditions by morning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom