More kids than adults!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It wasnt bullshark I saw though. IIRC it was nurse shark. Bullsharks Im not even sure if I wanna see, given their unpredictable reputation..

Gotta go with Playa as well. Seems that you have the potential for 9 not to dive. The 9 could head for Akumal or Xel Ha for lots of great snorkeling. Plus for the shoppers in the group 5th street is my wife's favorite and the place to be. The beaches in Playa are much better than Coz but the hardcore diver could always hop an early ferry to catch a boat out of Coz. When we dive Playa we use Geofish - Max and Morgan are great and they have a website by the same name.

Thanks, Tigerman. I'm assuming that you were in Cancun in the winter to encounter sharks? That's the one thing my juniors seem to be the most concerned about although I am trying to convince them that sharks are not "man-eating machines." LOL. Lots of Discovery and Science Channel!

Take care.
I have seen nurse sharks in Cancun, but they shouldn't freak anyone out. Just like giant catfish hiding under ledges.

Yeah, my son says he and Ben saw a nurse shark, but that is sorta like what Auginnes said...they don't bite humans.

T-man, you ever see those videos they take of feeding the bull sharks. Okay, I think that's something I'll not participate in. But I would love one day to do a cage dive with Great Whites....

Dont think I wanna go anywhere near bullsharks thats feeding, wether its humans feeding them or not..

check out maya palms. right on the beach, can be all inclusive. been there all week. plus mayan ruins all around. shopping mall at mahajual (10 km away) when the cruise ship is in. treated like royalty.

I'm not sure how old your kids are or when you are thinking of going, but the party scene in Cancun can get nuts during spring break. Playa gets some of that, but not as bad. I stayed an AI in Coz during spring break and it was packed with kids that where very drunk. I found it kind of funny at times, but I didn't have my kids with me either.

Both Playa and Cancun also have much more to do topside. I suppose my vote would be for Playa if the adults are interested in heading to Coz for a day or two of diving. You are also close to cenotes for diving and snorkeling, as well the ruins of Coba and Tulum.

I've ony dove a couple of days in Cancun and Playa, so I wouldn't say I'm an expert by any means, but I thought the diving in the Cancun area was better. Healthier reefs and more fish. But I had goods dives in both places.

Scorpio divers is who I would reccomend for diving in either location.

Good luck and have fun!

A cheaper option than an AI might be condo's. Luna Encantada is right in the beach in PDC, surrounded by restaurants, shops, and bars.

This place does indeed look nice. Being surrounded by restaurants, shops and bars, is it still kid friendly?

Back
Top Bottom