MK10/G250 What is the overall opinion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... The MK 10 is still my favorite 1st stage regulator and the G250 bomb is a pretty good imitation of a real regulator (one made of metal)-the Balanced Adjustable.

A fine setup this is, the MK10/G250, especially the G250.

I'm setting up a MK20 with a G250 and a BA, the real metal reg for real men that do real diving. :D

Off to my dive trip now, I'll report back in a couple of weeks and tell you guys which one I like better.

mk10's are good first stages, our club at college uses them on all of their sets. Never had a problem with them diving in mid 40 degree water. i'd feel safe taking them deeper as long as it didn't get too cold. Haven't had any experience with cave (or deep for that matter i guess). Now i dive mk17/G250 and i love it. G250 is a sweet 2nd stage

I have a 1987 and 1990 model G250/Mk 10. Still diving! The older runs the SPEC cap without the boot. Never had any problems under ice with it. Like the older one better.

I will give you $50 a piece if you want to get rid of them.

Hell no :no: I dont want to get rid of them I just want to know if other divers trust them. Well they do even deep in caves. I was just wanting to know if there was better regs suited for deep/cave then them that I should look at. I hunted for a few sets of Mk10/G250 because I love the performance. I cant tell the difference between them and other "Top of the line" reg set up's even at depth.

$50 :rofl3: I will sell you the used serviced parts from them.

I am just trying to take a chance and get a good deal. I dive a pair of Mk10/G250 in cave and have no problem. They can wear out over time but as long as you service then and they isn't alot of wear then you should have no trouble using them.

I have been considering getting a pair of MK25 but only if I can get a good deal. But for right now I will continue to use the G250.

Dr. Bill…..the bomb must have caused that crack. J I remember the thread where you posted pictures, but if I recall correctly the crack was in a hp port, probably caused by some twit who screwed a bolt or tool into it too deep.

Tried to find the images but I must have deleted them from my computer. Not sure what caused the cracks on both sides, but they were under the high pressure ports if memory serves me. I must have gotten it that way when I bought it used. Certainly didn't seem to affect the use of the reg though! Pretty rock solid gear.

I am just trying to take a chance and get a good deal. I dive a pair of Mk10/G250 in cave and have no problem. They can wear out over time but as long as you service then and they isn't alot of wear then you should have no trouble using them.

I have been considering getting a pair of MK25 but only if I can get a good deal. But for right now I will continue to use the G250.

I hear ya about wanting good deals that is how I got these 3. Some people just dont know what they got. I have used the MK25 and I can't tell the difference between the 2 even with the same G250. I am a very deep breather and use a lot of air and still no difference.

Sorry for bumping a 1 1/2 year old thread, but I took a flyer on a Mk10/G250 for $27 at an estate sale today. I am happy to see that it looks like I got a steal on what looks to be a great regulator set. Now I have to keep my fingers crossed that it is still a great deal after I have it serviced and checked out. it looked on pretty good shape externally. The G250 looks to be a 1986 model so I will assume that the MK 10 is also. Could be wrong I guess.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom