Warm Water Carryon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UBigBobby

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey all,

I know the Dive Caddy can do this, but I was wondering if there was anything...well...cheaper that could suit my need.

I'm an expat living in Korea. I take frequent 2-3 day, long weekend dive trips. I need/want a carry on dive bag that will fit everything. Maybe 2 pairs of shorts and 2 tshirts as well as undies. Then my BCD, 3mm wetsuit, reg/spg/octo, fins, mask. Essentially, I want to travel without checking anything.

I'm also planning a round the world trip next year with a lot of diving. I'll be taking a big backpacking backpack with clothes and would like a carryon bag to fit all my dive gear. The backpacking pack isn't a shape that will easily accommodate a bcd or fins. I'm ok strapping the fins to the outside of the carryon.

Thus far I fly mostly to the Philippines with Cebu Pacific and take a big duffel bag that is definitely bigger than the carry on rules. I'm worried my luck will run out soon, and I don't want to have to worry about it.

The dive caddy seems great, but if I can find something else that someone got to work for less than $240, that'd be ideal.

I packed a 3mil full into an Eagle Creek medium compression sack and was able to get my entire set of gear (BCD, fins, accessories) and a few days clothes (also in a compression bag) into a standard 22" carry on. Regs and computer in a regulator bag goes in my computer backpack.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom