all inclusive resort playa del carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dougr52

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
i am looking for a 3 or 4 star all inclusive resort close in to town..a resort that is close enough to the local dive operators that i could walk or their boat could pick me up..i stayed at the occidental grand xcaret last summer,incredible resort, but i had to take a cab into town to go diving, i do not like taking cabs, so i am looking for something closer in to playa that is also on the beach !!:idk:

Hey Doug check out The Royal or the Grand Porto Real. They are located on Constituyetes and the beach. So you would be one block from 5th ave and within walking distance to all the dive shops in town.

thanks for the info, the royal looks great !! i dove with you guys last summer & would like to do so again !!
what about the viva wyndham maya & the viva wyndham aztec !!

The Royal is the best AI in Playa go there and don't look back you wont regret it!
Check out cheap carribeans aution site I saved over a $1000 on a ten night trip using the auction.
Leave feb 28th !!!!! WOOT!

Several of the RIU's are clustered together, which allows you to use the facilities and/or eat at all of them (depending upon what package/place you are staying at). As I recall, Tequila, Palace, and Palace Riveria Maya are next to each other. There's one more, but I don't remember which it is. Palace Riveria is the most opulent of them. It's quite a stunning place. Second best would be the Palace.

the bad thing about RIU resorts are ...
No coffee in the room thats a killer
You have to get up and make reservations for dinner at 7am thats a bummer

good note is i usually get crazy cheap deals to stay with them that makes the top two items livable

We're going March 10 - 14th. We booked airline tix to Cancun then realized it's the middle of spring break. So, now we're looking at PDC and hoping it's not so much a spring break place.

Haven't decided on a hotel or dive shop yet, we plan on finally doing our open water cert dives while there.

Any more ideas on hotels or dive shops would be great. Also, any one know if there's much spring break stuff there. We want to relax not be surrounded by drunk college students.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom