all inclusive resort playa del carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Several of the RIU's are clustered together, which allows you to use the facilities and/or eat at all of them (depending upon what package/place you are staying at). As I recall, Tequila, Palace, and Palace Riveria Maya are next to each other. There's one more, but I don't remember which it is. Palace Riveria is the most opulent of them. It's quite a stunning place. Second best would be the Palace.
THANKS !!
the bad thing about RIU resorts are ...
No coffee in the room thats a killer
You have to get up and make reservations for dinner at 7am thats a bummer

good note is i usually get crazy cheap deals to stay with them that makes the top two items livable

do you get crazy cheap deals at the RIU's or the royal ??
what dot com are you using ???

The last two times I have stayed at riu one was cabo and the other purta Valletta
I booked them both through cheap carribean . Com I think I paid $2000 total for seven nights including airfare for two people from Portland OR.

The royal I did something outside the box and used cheap carribean auction site and did a bid per night auction and bought my airfare separate
By doing that I got a ten night stay for two with air from odd for under 4k total that was at least $1000 cheaper then I could find anywhere on the net
Feel free to pm me for more info
I fly out on the 28th!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI I just went back and check what we paid for the riu and it was 1800 per couple w/air

The last two times I have stayed at riu one was cabo and the other purta Valletta
I booked them both through cheap carribean . Com I think I paid $2000 total for seven nights including airfare for two people from Portland OR.

The royal I did something outside the box and used cheap carribean auction site and did a bid per night auction and bought my airfare separate
By doing that I got a ten night stay for two with air from odd for under 4k total that was at least $1000 cheaper then I could find anywhere on the net
Feel free to pm me for more info
I fly out on the 28th!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS,
i have never heard of this bid auction !!

Hey Im an avid diver from the Florida gulf coast , been to Playa Del Carmen 4 times in the last 2 years , as for diving convenience I found no better place than Sandos Caracol Eco resort. The dive shop and boats are right on the beach at your resort , they take your gear the first day and you just walk on the beach each morning to the boat , no cabs. Also this place is really affordable. 6 days 5 nights April 24-29 $702 a piece thru Expedia ,yes they are all inclusive and that includes air. Good luck!

We're going March 10 - 14th. We booked airline tix to Cancun then realized it's the middle of spring break. So, now we're looking at PDC and hoping it's not so much a spring break place.

Haven't decided on a hotel or dive shop yet, we plan on finally doing our open water cert dives while there.

Any more ideas on hotels or dive shops would be great. Also, any one know if there's much spring break stuff there. We want to relax not be surrounded by drunk college students.

First tip is to take the ADO bus from the airport to Playa. I think it runs about $10us, nice bus that drops you off at 5th Ave and Calle 2. Talk to your hotel's front desk about a transfer back to the airport, a lot less expensive than from the airport to PDC. Second, 5th Ave and Calle 8 is within walking distance of anything in the tourist zone. Two hotels we like are Hotel Lunata and Playa Maya. Both are nice places to stay.

The one thing I would do ASAP is get the Playa del Carmen map from Cancunmap.com - Your complete information source for Cancun, Cozumel, Isla Mujeres, Playa del Carmen and the Riviera Maya . I promise that it will be the best money you spend on your vacation.

You don't need to worry about the spring break crowd infesting Playa.

Hey Im an avid diver from the Florida gulf coast , been to Playa Del Carmen 4 times in the last 2 years , as for diving convenience I found no better place than Sandos Caracol Eco resort. The dive shop and boats are right on the beach at your resort , they take your gear the first day and you just walk on the beach each morning to the boat , no cabs. Also this place is really affordable. 6 days 5 nights April 24-29 $702 a piece thru ,yes they are all inclusive and that includes air. Good luck!

THANKS,
i took a look at is,nice resort & good location !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom