July 4th weekend dive report...Destin and Pensicola

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a side note, that red crab (whatever species it is) has happily attached both claws to my finger, actually cut holes in the gloves.

Awesome photos! Did you take these at Destin or Pensacola? Going to Pensacola weekend of July 16th. Hope the vis and current are happy and nice.
You wouldn't happen to know of any good local places to eat in Pensacola would you?
Appreciate any information.

Hetland, Yes it is... on the big O no less. Actually one of the better images I have of one, because on a reef, they tend to be hard to get close to. Never seen one up here.

It help sooth my pain of not getting a good image of that Hogfish you took. Inside the ship there were no other divers to scare it.

Amazing. I try like mad to get good shots of them when I see them in South Florida. First hearing of one in our area. Awesome that you found it in the Oriskany, a wreck that continues to impress me each time I dive it, which is the opposite of what I had expected.

Most were taken in Destin, except for the group on the Big O... which is a very nice dive now...don't know the good places to eat, but that are a lot of people on the board here from there, am sure several will be able to steer you in the right direction.

Awesome photos! Did you take these at Destin or Pensacola? Going to Pensacola weekend of July 16th. Hope the vis and current are happy and nice.
You wouldn't happen to know of any good local places to eat in Pensacola would you?
Appreciate any information.

Same here... my last dive on it (about 4 months ago) it did not have several of the species it has now. I was shocked to see a rock beauty up here, and actually got several good images of it. Odd that both spotted scorpion fish and that have suddenly showed up here, without any major storms.

Amazing. I try like mad to get good shots of them when I see them in South Florida. First hearing of one in our area. Awesome that you found it in the Oriskany, a wreck that continues to impress me each time I dive it, which is the opposite of what I had expected.

Puffer, It was a real treat to meet you as well. Sorry I didn't have more time to chat with you as it was a busier day than I had hoped for. Great shots as usual!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom