Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
oops, I mean GURNARDS.

Hello everyone,

I live in Atlanta but grew up in Palm Beach. Quick resume: Diving since 1970, certified in 1975, Mom instructed/chartered for 25 years, avid photographer. My parents were founders of the Palm Beach Fin Divers.

I will be down Wednesday October 12, and am looking to dive the bridge at night. High tide on Wed/Thu is 9:12PM and 9:47. Looks like a good moon too if it is clear.

Is anyone interested?

And I am up for other shore dives if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Hello everyone,

I live in Atlanta but grew up in Palm Beach. Quick resume: Diving since 1970, certified in 1975, Mom instructed/chartered for 25 years, avid photographer. My parents were founders of the Palm Beach Fin Divers.

I will be down Wednesday October 12, and am looking to dive the bridge at night. High tide on Wed/Thu is 9:12PM and 9:47. Looks like a good moon too if it is clear.

Is anyone interested?

And I am up for other shore dives if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Wednesday might not be an option. Force E is sponsoring a night dive on Monday the 10th. Shore diving is only allowed sun up to sun down. And the beach closes at 10pm, even with the sponsored night dives. See this link for details. Jammin' Beach Presents Florida Shore Diving

If you have 4 or more people you could arrange for a night boat dive through one of the local dive shops. They will take you out as late as you want. Call Pura Vida on Singer Island for more info.

Thanks for the info, lot's of restrictions. Looks like the closed areas are open again according to an above post. I am open to day dives as well, but more interested in night creatures. Night Boat dive = $$$ just went to Cayman for 7 days and dove 19 tanks in 6 days, so I am BROKE! :yes:

I will give Pura Vida a call.

Any chance on hooking up with a local BHB diver that we can follow around, ala tour guide at the end of Dec, for a mid week dive? We (my better half and I) dove BHB new years 2 yrs ago and fell in love with the place. We are taking our newly certified, college grad/Army officer daughter there before she is shipped off to who knows where, for 3 yrs

Kate and I dove around the pilings last time and had an absolute blast. I would like to treat the girls to some octo's and sea horses if at all possible. :D Then afterwords maybe a beach dive.

No guarantees on seeing anything in particular on any dive. The critters move around. And which area you spend time at will almost guarantee you will miss something in another spot! The other day I saw some pretty cool stuff. .but missed the spotted eagle rays and batfish. Around Christmas is when the manatees showed up last year, FYI. :)

I completely understand Jenny. I am not familiar with the areas frequented by the critters and I know that seeing a Octo or SH would just be "over the top" for the mommy unit and our army brat.:D

It's all good in my book regardless of what we see, as long as I am wet, I am happy!!!!:cool2:

Any chance on hooking up with a local BHB diver that we can follow around, ala tour guide at the end of Dec, for a mid week dive? We (my better half and I) dove BHB new years 2 yrs ago and fell in love with the place. We are taking our newly certified, college grad/Army officer daughter there before she is shipped off to who knows where, for 3 yrs

Kate and I dove around the pilings last time and had an absolute blast. I would like to treat the girls to some octo's and sea horses if at all possible. :D Then afterwords maybe a beach dive.
I'll be happy to help out if I'm not teaching...send me a PM and we can discuss days, times and your expectations for the dives.

I completely understand Jenny. I am not familiar with the areas frequented by the critters and I know that seeing a Octo or SH would just be "over the top" for the mommy unit and our army brat.:D

It's all good in my book regardless of what we see, as long as I am wet, I am happy!!!!:cool2:
yes, that's the attitude! :) I have never had a boring dive there. Course a lot is attitude and what you make of it. When I hear somebody says they didn't see anything, to me that says they weren't looking very hard, or have unreasonable expectations. Course, maybe I'm just easy to please. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom