Silver Prince / Aquatic Discovery Scuba Center - thanks for the spam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Raj is probably trying to do afternoon trips this weekend to cover the class that was supposed to go out on Double Down. It is out of the water for maintenance and parts won't be here until Monday. Too bad you cancelled, it looks like great weather and low swells this weekend.

I may even have to go down and (cough) ...shore dive... (gasp) this weekend. But then the scooters have almost as good of range as the boat.

Cheers,
Jon

Well, not even a week after posting. Raj outdid himself in a rage of GREED!!!
I withdraw my previous comment.. Silver Prince has a great team but i will not dive it again.. ever.
End of last week we receive an promotion email about 50% off charter this saturday on Silver prince.. Sure thats a good deal!
So we get 3 spots, knowing very well that SP diesel can go bad (did on us 2 times), that weather can be bad, and so on..in last 4
trips to Carmel, we only made there once :(

So trip leaves at 9am so seems to be like a good arrangements., and we can drive same day in and out.
However today i receive email saying that departure had been moved to 7AM ! WTF?!
Now we have to leave san francisco at 5AM!? and guess what , all of the sudden i see afternoon trip on same day...
So in order to fit 2 trips on the same day, he bumps full morning charter to 2 hours earlier, making this to require hotel now., or extra $150 per monterey weekend last minute pricing. so my $50 trip now $200 trip. CANCEL PLEASE!
Or you could wake up earlier and leave San Fran in time.

You can go diving with no more trouble than getting out of bed early. A dive trip costs $50.

I'll tell you what. Come live out here in Colorado for a while, where the nearest good diving is a 3-4 hour plane ride away....
Then complain about leaving the dock at 0700. Oh, the HORROR!!!!!!

Mikemills I know you and other MIke have to wake up at 4am :).
I also dont know where Southpark folks go to dive :)

\Waking up is not a problem, but changing schedule 2 days prior departure is not cool.
That 2 hours means i cant have that planned dinner with my wife on Friday if i have to leave at 5am.
It also means that SP has to be back in dock by 1pm, which being so slow boat it only leaves 3 hours for actual 3 tank dive, including Sis. Or they not going to make it to Carmel. thats plenty not cool no matter the special cost or not just not worth the hassle.
We be shore diving @ Stewarts point and Monstery N. on saturday.

Well, not even a week after posting. Raj outdid himself in a rage of GREED!!!
I withdraw my previous comment.. Silver Prince has a great team but i will not dive it again.. ever.
End of last week we receive an promotion email about 50% off charter this saturday on Silver prince.. Sure thats a good deal!
So we get 3 spots, knowing very well that SP diesel can go bad (did on us 2 times), that weather can be bad, and so on..in last 4
trips to Carmel, we only made there once :(

So trip leaves at 9am so seems to be like a good arrangements., and we can drive same day in and out.
However today i receive email saying that departure had been moved to 7AM ! WTF?!
Now we have to leave san francisco at 5AM!? and guess what , all of the sudden i see afternoon trip on same day...
So in order to fit 2 trips on the same day, he bumps full morning charter to 2 hours earlier, making this to require hotel now., or extra $150 per monterey weekend last minute pricing. so my $50 trip now $200 trip. CANCEL PLEASE!

Yeah, I don't attribute a motive when this happened but I was pretty unhappy about the last minute schedule change. But I decided to man up and get up before dawn to make the trek...

Sadly I got a call the day before the discount trip, it had been canceled. Apparently everyone but me and one other person had called in with plans for early morning flue.

They were good enough to offer to place me on another boat etc.

So, I guess justice was served in the sense that they lost a boat load (12) of customers over the handling of the schedule. So lesson learned I would hope.

I have been out a couple times since though and the crew and service from them was great.

I also like the Beach Hooper II Friday dives that leave at 9. Wish I had more comp days :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom