HELP! Inon s2000 problems...........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

happysnapper

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey Guys, Out on our yearly dive holiday with an epl-3 and inon s2000 strobe. no dive/camera shops to assist here in Philippines (Moalboal) Just wondered if any experianced users could shine a little light on the subject. The strobe has been working fine! It now no longer syncs with the olympus EPL-3. There is power getting to the strobe and the fiber optic cable seems to be working fine as there is light traveling from the camera flash end of the cable to the strobe fitting.I have tried firing the strobe whilst on land to see if any other camera flashes the strobe by placing the fiber optic cable over the camera flash. Still no luck.There has been no flooding it's just packed in for no reason I can think of. My first experiance of using a strobe so I am not the most knowledgeable on there working operation.Hoping to get this working as we have one week left!Cheers for any tips.Jase

first try to see if the camera (out of the housing) can trigger the strobe. Take the fiber optic cable off the strobe, point the camera at the strobe sensor and see if the strobe fires. The problem as I understand it (probably wrong) is that the strobe is not firing at all rather than firing with the wrong timing. Is that true. If the strobe fires when the camera is aimed at it you know that the strobe is working at least. Do you have the magnet in or out?
If the strobe fires with the camera then you have a fiber optic problem. Check to make sure that there is no air bubble between the fiber and the housing or the strobe. I have seen a situation where the problem is that there was a small bubble at the camera end of the fiber. In any case let us know if the strobe fires at all.
Bill

What bill is saying is that if you put the strobe in front of the flash and you fire without the fiber optic the strobe should fire back, if it does not there is an issue with the strobe mode. If it does fire and then with the fiber optic does not means this part is broken

If it is a bad sync cable you may be able to get by without it though your strobe will fire anytime someone near by with a strobe shoots. I always shoot mine at a mirror or large window before I go out to verify that both of my strobes are seen firing in the reflection, sometimes I have to mess with the reflectors in the housing to get them to behave.

Thanks for the help guys, No luck with the strobe also tried shooting a camera flash directly at it still no strobe action even though the red light is on

I assume that you had the cap or fiber off the strobe when you tested this? Sounds like the strobe trigger circuit is not working and time for a trip to the shop.
Bill

Had the same problem with s2000 a year ago. It just stopped flashing after first dive. And I think that even before that trip it was not firing regularly. Had to send it back to Inon for repair. Now it works.
How is built in flash on e-pl3? Any major compaints?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom